Now I remember why I became an electrician

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, it was because I'd rather be called a "Sparky" than a "Turd Chaser."

Second, because I hate doing plumbing work.

I just had to replace the faucet in my main bathroom. I had to cut the copper supply lines and install shut-off valves, install flexible supply lines, and install a new faucet. All in a vanity cabinet barely wide enough to get my shoulders in.

But on the bright side, I didn't have to make any ACE Hardware runs, and I had no runs, drips or errors.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So are ya gonna send yourself a bill?

Lol just kidding.

I bet you even cleaned up. That's my bitching point, workers who come in and make a big nasty mess and leave. I understand some mess, that's ok, but the folks I've used the last few years almost seem as if they want to see how big a mess they can make. It ain't funny no more.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First, it was because I'd rather be called a "Sparky" than a "Turd Chaser."

Second, because I hate doing plumbing work.

I just had to replace the faucet in my main bathroom. I had to cut the copper supply lines and install shut-off valves, install flexible supply lines, and install a new faucet. All in a vanity cabinet barely wide enough to get my shoulders in.

But on the bright side, I didn't have to make any ACE Hardware runs, and I had no runs, drips or errors.
I have my daughter get in those tight places and supervise her work. I only have to yell and scream at her a lil bit LOL

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
So are ya gonna send yourself a bill?

Lol just kidding.

I bet you even cleaned up. That's my bitching point, workers who come in and make a big nasty mess and leave. I understand some mess, that's ok, but the folks I've used the last few years almost seem as if they want to see how big a mess they can make. It ain't funny no more.
Well, yeah, it's my house. But as a union electrician you are taught to leave the area you're working in cleaner than you found it. These kids that work non-union aren't really taught that protocol.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My dad was a drywall contractor and then a general contractor for a while then did trim carpentry. All residential, spec and custom homes.

I got into construction at a young age and I have thought for a long time now that if I was starting in construction again I would be an electrician.

I hate doing any plumbing work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom