Now That OC Has Been Legal For A While

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's kinda strange, but I never had a concern about carrying when I got my cc permit years ago. I knew most people were oblivious so I didn't figure I would get "made". Back then, when I carried it was more like I had a secret that nobody knew about. CC was like going commando.

@toehanus

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen one person OC so far, at a Burger King. She was wearing a gun store shirt, and had a pink handled S&W 63x. Couldn't tell what exact model. Didn't see any odd reactions to her gun from any other patrons.

I've OC'd once. Went to Charlie's Chicken with my G19 on OWB and shirt inside it. No reactions.

djdavis75

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone OC locally. I have only OCed once, no one said anything, but my step-son said the guy in line behind me at the store eye balled my Glock a few times. I just like the fact I can throw a T-shirt over it and not worry about printing, the shirt pulling up, etc... I had a permit from 2005 to 2010 and hardly ever carried on my person because I was afraid someone would notice. Now, I don't care since OC is legal, makes things much more simple in these hot muggy OK summers.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told yesterday that my doctor's office now has a "No Open Carry" sign. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I'm likely part of the reason why.

Last time I had to see the doctor, I'd been in a car wreck on my way to work (where I OC often), and I went to the doctor with a concussion about 30 minutes after getting to work. After about 15 minutes in the waiting room, the building manager, pulled me aside to ask me to take it out the the car. Apparently I scared someone while sitting there calmly with my gun on my hip. I was a little miffed about his attitude "as a guy who also carries sometimes", but I went out to the truck and switched holsters.

After that, when I'd go in there to the pharmacy while OCing, I'd pull my shirt over it. No one seemed to notice.

My coworker, who uses the same clinic, but a different doctor, told me he freaked out a nurse not too long ago when they had him take off his shirt for something.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way down here in Lawton, I saw two OCers side by side in (our brand new) Academy sports last Friday. They were in the clothing section not the gun section. No issues from anyone that I could tell. Every now and then I see an OCer here or there around town - very few in total and I have no way to judge the ratio of OCers to CCers.

Edit - and one or two of our weekly FGST lunch guys and gals routinely OC.

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pumped gas today at C&G. went to radio shack with the boy , recieved excellant service purchased a couple items. went to movie house purchased tickets for "Oz" later matinee , mostly to see if it was posted and to give them opportunity to protest under less crowded circumstances . went to sonic had the spicy popcorn chicken with spicy berry sauce . good stuff!! especially the sauce raspberry strawberry japaleno mix . went back to movie house went through line as we wanted popcorn and pop , girl saw us from counter and cheerfully said we could go in, as she remembered us . explained or need for treats then proceeded to the show . it's not dissapointing , and pays homage rightly . father and daughters followed us in , i sensed his discomfort but he was pleasant .
end of show relief washing up with boy , sheriff walks in and does double take saw his before he saw mine . lol went to walmart looked at empty ammo/gun case . picked up some polarized and magnified fishing glasses (dang old eyes) thought they would be handy working on stuff outside . as we walked out following skullcap wearing dude and dyed blond hair punk rocker dude and goth girl , i dont know if they stared at me when we went past lol
all in all just nice evening out with the familiy (wife met up with us at movie house ). anyway see yall at knotty pine bbq on 30th, ok bryan? i plan to call the number to rsvp also join up there .
stay safe
elance

Do tell, which theater was it?

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, a convenience store by my work recently put up a no gun sign. I was almost out of gas, so I went in, paid for a small amount, then proceeded to talk to the owner about how I wouldn't be back.

Apparently, he thought I was LE (plain clothes) because of how I dress for work and had been OCing there a lot. We had a little chat about why he put up the sign (it's a bad neighborhood). I told him the arguments about how it wouldn't actually stop the guns he was worried about, and it would just stop people like me feom shopping there. He then specifically gave me permission to carry on there, open or not. A week later, the sign came down.

I've been asked if I was LE a few times, including once by a small child at the vet with my dog.

For the most part, no one notices the gun on my hip, but 95% of the time, it sparks a positive conversation when people do notice.

My wife told me today that people don't notice the gun when I OC because I act natural. She's seen a few people told to leave her work at Cracker Barrel, where they have an unposted no open carry policy, because the way they presented themselves was like they wanted to make sure people noticed the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom