Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i121.photobucket.com_albums_o228_owu1bag5_28d676a1.jpg

This was taken in pratt, ks.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my test roll from this dude back.

I way underexposed most every shot (using Velvia 100...I'll prolly switch to Provia 400 in this thing full-time so it's more versatile) and I'm still learning how to focus a rangefinder, but at least it functions and doesn't seem to have light leaks.

Those aren't too badly underexposed unless you've done a lot of corrections to them. If the meter isn't working, or is off you might try one of the light meter apps available for phones, if you have a camera phone. I've used a couple for the iphone that are decent. That Ruger is tasty, I've been wanting one for a while now.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those aren't too badly underexposed unless you've done a lot of corrections to them. If the meter isn't working, or is off you might try one of the light meter apps available for phones, if you have a camera phone. I've used a couple for the iphone that are decent. That Ruger is tasty, I've been wanting one for a while now.

Nah, I meant the rest of the shots on that roll were way underexposed. The shots I posted were the better ones, especially considering it was a very dark, overcast day with 100 film. No corrections; just the scans as I got them from the processor. The meter may be a bit inaccurate, but I think most of the issues (on the shots I didn't post) arose from trying to use slow film in situations I shouldn't have. I ran another roll of Velvia through it this weekend, and I set it to full manual and more or less sunny 16'd it based off Fuji exposure guide just to see how that does. Thanks for the tip on the light meter apps. I may try one before I end up buying a handheld.

I always wanted a No. 1 and a .35 Whelen, so when they made 250 blued No. 1s in .35 Whelen I had to kill two birds with one stone so to speak. I like it.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a cool pic. I have been to Pratt many times, but never noticed that.

Yeah, we were running around the down town area late at night looking for a place to grab some food when we passed this. It was on the side street, and i just happened to catch it out of the corner of my eye. I made the driver turn around so i could make sure i read it properly. It was the only thing lit up on that street, and because of the subject matter, it was a little spooky.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wanted a No. 1 and a .35 Whelen, so when they made 250 blued No. 1s in .35 Whelen I had to kill two birds with one stone so to speak. I like it.

They've made one recently in .460 S&W that has me salivating.

The light meter app I'm using for my iPhone is simply called Light Meter and works really well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom