Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_DSCN0172.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been,

I thought you would like the Batfish. It definitely gives one a sense of how small of a space the submariners had to contend with during WWII. Also, if I remember right, there was a smaller class of WWII submarine than what the Batfish was. Those sailors had it even worse.

Magnum,

Unless I'm mistaken, that has to be somewhere in the Panhandle.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been,

I thought you would like the Batfish. It definitely gives one a sense of how small of a space the submariners had to contend with during WWII. Also, if I remember right, there was a smaller class of WWII submarine than what the Batfish was. Those sailors had it even worse.

Magnum,

Unless I'm mistaken, that has to be somewhere in the Panhandle.

I was actually shocked with how big it was. Not so much on the inside but from the outside. The guy running the place said that the German U-boats actually had less room in them. He described them as taking away the mess room, officers quarters, and a few other areas. But yes, going to the Batfish makes you respect the men who served during the day. The man said that Submariners back then could opt out of sub duty any time and get something else, so they knew what they were going into. They also did not shower for the entire deployment. THATS TWO TO THREE MONTHS!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was actually shocked with how big it was. Not so much on the inside but from the outside. The guy running the place said that the German U-boats actually had less room in them. He described them as taking away the mess room, officers quarters, and a few other areas. But yes, going to the Batfish makes you respect the men who served during the day. The man said that Submariners back then could opt out of sub duty any time and get something else, so they knew what they were going into. They also did not shower for the entire deployment. THATS TWO TO THREE MONTHS!

I remember walking around that thing thinking to myself "why is it tied off?"

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Completely random "HOPE" sign on the side of the road in Afghanistan, taken from the turret of my truck...right next to a IED blast site.

HOPE.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom