Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alh3.googleusercontent.com__kETTTcxSdNQ_Te2Eiac0o6I_AAAAAAAAByc_YxEY_q_Knlw_s800_006.JPG

Surprised the DMV let this guy have this plate. Har.

I know that once you tell me, then I gonna feel dumb...but huh?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that once you tell me, then I gonna feel dumb...but huh?

I assumed it meant Get The Fawk Out Barack Obama. Well, I'm pretty positive it means Get The Fawk Out B.O., and can only guess he is talking about El Presidente, unless there is another B.O. he wants to GTFO.

He also had a couple gun related stickers.

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took this black bear this past Wednesday, June 1st, with my Firefly Longbow at 10 yards while hunting in the Clear Water National Forest (North Central Idaho).

Holy $&*%^ you got 10 yrds from a live bear?! Now that's cojones. I know nothing about hunting, but I find this truly impressive.

Were you on ground level with it, or in a tree, or ?

I took this bear from a tree stand on the last day of the hunt. I had hunted all week and never saw a bear until the last evening's hunt. Everyone in camp either had gotten a bear or had an opportunity at one and missed. There were larger ones that were captured on the game cams that would appear at odd times.

On the last day of the hunt it rained most of the morning and finally cleared up about 1:30 PM. One of the guides asked if I wanted to hunt a different area that required some steep hiking to get to and I told him, I'm in. We carried a tree stand and climbing sticks into this bait site just before 3:45 PM June 1st. As we were setting up with the climbing sticks clanging together along with the tree stand the guide hissed "there's a bear". 300 yards up the side of the hill was this large black form slowly making it's way down the trail toward the bait site. I had just sat down in the tree stand to "seat" it into place on the tree. I had no camo on, just wool pants and a black thermal top. The guide handed me my longbow and then he lay flat on the ground with his face planted in the dirt. Within 20 minutes the bear walked within 6 yards of the guide toward the bait site. The bear would stop and sniff the air but with a slight breeze in my face and both the guide and myself motionless whatever fear the he had dissipated as he made his way in. Because I had no time to prepare I was faced with a bramble of branches in front of me from the adjacent tree. The bear began pulling food out of the bait site then a clap of thunder overhead spooked him. He ran up the hill about 40 yards, paused and came back. As the bear would go into the bait site, he would turn around and pass behind a tree and walk just uphill (90 degrees to me) and pause, he was ten yards. The first two times he did this I took the opportunity to thread the top limb of my longbow through the adjacent tree branches until my bow was at the ready. The third time the bear did this, the guide told me I looked like I went into auto pilot. I drew, anchored and released. I remember my follow through as I watched my yellow fletching rotate toward his jet black form and disappear. The bear took off uphill about 35 yards, turned left 120 degrees and ran down 20 yards, rolled, made a quick death moan and lay dead, five seconds after I had released my arrow. The guide had the best seat in the house. He told me he watched my arrow disappear and exit the other side and stick in the ground. Upon field dressing we found out I took out both lungs and hit the top of the heart, the bear weighed approximately 260 lbs.

I hunted with Weitas Creek Outfitters out of Kamiah, Idaho with my brother in law and three other guys from Edmond.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome bear story...

Thanks for sharing the story of your hunt; that's too cool. Everything really came together in less than ideal circumstances. Can't believe you threaded your bow trough tree branches to make the shot...that's some serious skill.

I bet the guide was just as excited as you were, if not more so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom