OGE is the most worthless company on earth!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes people should wait until the next day to post, maybe they won't appear to be such a dick. Sometimes it won't matter.
Who cares if people think I’m what you said. People have a right to get upset. The point of my post was to complain about how ours constantly goes out while Canadian valley never does and they are right across the street. I’m a nice guy. Not perfect. And if your post isn’t directed at me then sorry I took it that way.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When I was young nobody wanted to be on Canadian Valley Electric because it was unreliable and more expensive. You had to read your own meter and send it in every month so they would know what to bill you. They would read it a couple times a year to keep you honest.

I was on CV for several years before I moved nearly ten years ago. I never had any problems. I only lost power during a big ice storm when most everyone in the state did.

I'm on OGE now and I lose power here regularly. Sometimes it's a few seconds and sometimes it's a few hours. Usually I just have to reset my clocks but at times it's more of a problem.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The heavily populated areas will always have service restored first. That's just one of the things to consider when choosing a home.

That's why the rural people already know to have some kind of backup system. We used to live in the Panhandle, and the house we lived in was the very last house on the electric grid in northwestern Texas county. We had gas heat that didn't require electric to move the hot air around (think wall furnaces) and kerosene lanterns for light. On numerous occasions we had our power go out for up to a week to 10 days, many times because of ice storms and broken high-line poles.

We were on a co-op system and they would have a guy travel around to every farm affected with a portable generator. He would offer to power up our freezers and refrigerators to help keep the food cold. As it was generally cold anyway, we never needed his services and sent him on to folks less prepared than us. A good rural electric co-op is nice to have.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Done the co-op route before for phone service. Only had a couple guys on the payroll to deal with a fairly large area. Service calls took a while for mundane things like installing a new jack. I was a kid at the time and watched the installer like a hawk. Learned installing a phone jack wasn't all that difficult. Never had to call again which was just fine for him as he could deal with things that were slightly more important. That is where I learned a little lesson I passed on to someone else not long ago running a Cat5 cable. Screwdrivers go right through walls pretty easy and chasing a cord after it while running it back is a simple way to feed the line.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some HOAs limit the dish size to 24". (mine does and ours is a 32" dish but it's on the back of the house and not visible)

Actually, HOA's legally can not limit dishes 39" or smaller. The FCC OTARD rule prevents this. If your HOA tries to do anything about it, pull up the OTARD rule from the FCC's website and tell them to suck eggs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom