OK BATF making calls to FFL06 holders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a personal call from a BATF agent to alert him to possible changes in the law. If it looks like BS, sounds like BS, smells like BS; don't step in it, IT'S BS.

And EVERY CPA gets a personal call from the IRS to alert them to changes in the tax law.

Unlike WessonOil, I will not buy your soon to be illegal stuffs. BUT, IF you want to load it in my boat, for a small fee, I will drop it to the bottom of the lake, so neither of us are in possession of illegal materials. :hey3:

Hooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, I asked a simple question over a week ago and I am still getting smarta** comments. For everyone's information I always planned on keeping my reloading components just wondered if anyone knew anything about it. I don't need a boat to make a deposit in the bottom of the lake. I didn't get the info from some website, it came from someone I trust personally. Forget I brought it up like I will forget I started this post.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
coming in late here...California is batting around 1000 ideas about taxing--registering--limiting--eliminating....everything to do with guns....thats the most likely source....all of the far fetched outragious gun laws have at least been talked about there....

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked with an ammunition manufacturer at the last gun show. His comments about BATF visits were about inventory and the excise taxes to be collected on the manufacture of new ammo. Nothing new there at all..

zodiacflyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, I asked a simple question over a week ago and I am still getting smarta** comments. For everyone's information I always planned on keeping my reloading components just wondered if anyone knew anything about it. I don't need a boat to make a deposit in the bottom of the lake. I didn't get the info from some website, it came from someone I trust personally. Forget I brought it up like I will forget I started this post.

Don't take it to hard... they bust everyone's balls around here. (buncha smarta$$e$)

Powers

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In April, after the Boston terrorist attack, Sen Lautenberg proposed this: In Wake of Boston Attack, Lautenberg to Reintroduce Legislation Requiring Background Checks for Sale of Explosive Powder:

LINK: http://www.lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=341435&

In May, the full text of the proposed bill was released.
LINK: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bil...source=govtrack/email_update&utm_medium=email

Here is are the key points summarized by TTAG: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/foghorn/explosive-materials-background-check-bill-revealed/

Since Lautenberg is now dead, and there are other issues on the table now for Congress, I do not know where this bill stands, or if it was added to other legislation, killed, or is it still just hanging around waiting for a chance, etc.. Well, these kinds of bills are always just hanging around, waiting for the anti-rights crowd to see a chance..
But that is all I have heard on the subject.

Last edited:

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything on the internet is true!

Absolutely. Let me take this opportunity to let everyone know that I'm a French model. <edit: Who didn't read all the posts before making this response . . . >

As suggested above, new regs, and new emphasis on existing regs usually results in lots of industry attention.

Latest posts

Top Bottom