OKC Gun World

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gleaned this from another forum. First I've ever heard of getting a felony for talking about gun prices at a pawn shop. What say you?

In the 2 years I have lived in OKC and around the corner from Gun World I had never been in as I have never heard anything good about them. Well today my wife and I stopped in to look around for a Taurus .380 TCP730 in purple for my wife. I know they run for about $250-300. They had one for $425. I said that was expensive and I could get one on base for $250 and they guy said they couldn't compete with base prices and I should just go there. I would if they sold them in purple. A guy comes in with a 1967 Browning A5 in 2 3/4". When asked what it was worth the clerk said about $900 but I'll only give you $100 for it. I then asked they guy what he wanted for it and that when things went south. The clerk immediately said "Its a felony for you to even ask or talk about buying a gun from another person in here and I can get fired for it". I said OK and backed away. They guy walked past me and quietly said I'll be out front if want to talk about it. I said OK. The clerk shouted out "I'll call the cops if you even talk to him again in here". I called gauge to ask his opinion on it and as I'm standing by the front door the guy said to leave as he had already warned me about talking about the gun. My wife was out by her truck which happened to be next to this guys. I walk over to get in and while still on the phone with gauge the clerk comes out and said get out of here or I'll call the cops. We weren't even talking to the guy. We told him too meet up up the road. We then left. As we drove off several of the staff folks were standing at the front door.

Sinse when is it a felony to even ask another person in a gun shop about buying a gun much less talk about one for sale? I didn't get it because it was only a 2 3/4" even in 90% condition for the $300 he wanted.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was trying to sell some speakers at a pawn shop once and after they offered me jack for them another guy offered me double that. The guy working the counter gave me the business saying I need to leave and can't negotiate with another customer there. Understandable from their point of view but I've never heard of it being illegal. Being a gambling man I'd be willing to bet he was talking out of his ass.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What he meant was it's a felony because if he keeps running his mouth you'll be arrested for shooting him.

I can understand him not wanting to you try and deal with the guy on their premises but wow. What a douche.

b52fizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was just fixing to search this was in there the other day same as when first opened, $200 more than anybody else and only had a few salesman that were friendly there. Was wondering what others thought about them or if it was just me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom