OKC Gun World

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard that it is illegal for someone who is not licensed to make a gun transaction at a business that has an FFL? But I don't know the details for sure, I guess I should look into that since I just got my FFL today!! I am sure they were just ticked off because they were not going to be able to screw the guy out of his gun? I hate people like that.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reckon I must be the only person in the world that had a good experience at Gun World. Several years ago my wife was in the hospital up at Mercy. I was killing some time and found them in the phone book and drove down there. I had just bought a NAA .22Mag and wanted to shoot a box of shells through it. I went in, asked about the range fees, and for a box of their cheapest .22Mag shells. The girl dug out a brick of PMC .22Mag and said something like $6.95, I can't remember the exact price now. I told her to look again, as there were probably 10 boxes of shells in that brick and most likely each box would be $6.95, not the whole brick. She kinda had a funny look then thanked me for being honest. I bought one box, went to the range and shot it up.

BTW, that was the first indoor range I'd been to and I was amazed at the bullet holes in the walls, the ceilings, and even in the lane dividers. I was kinda glad I was the only one there at the time.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've stopped in their a couple of times to browse. They have a ton of colt pistols. I never paid much attention to the prices. They had a bunch of old collector type of pistols too.

I did have their gunsmith fix the firing pin on my browning shotgun.

I will say that the few times that I ventured in there that I was at least asked if I could be helped. That's more than I can say about being asked if I could be helped at outdoor America by their staff.

I've never shot at there range. Based off what you guys say about their prices, I'll probably never buy a firearm there either.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard that it is illegal for someone who is not licensed to make a gun transaction at a business that has an FFL? But I don't know the details for sure, I guess I should look into that since I just got my FFL today!! I am sure they were just ticked off because they were not going to be able to screw the guy out of his gun? I hate people like that.

All firearms that change ownership on the ffl's property which can be made to include the parking lot must be recorded in their bound book and nics check made.

the ffl could be charged with a felony if transactions happen regularly without paperwork.

can you imagine a guy#1 goes in the store, tries to sell a gun, store offers less than he wants so he leaves,
guy#2 follows him to parking lot, makes cash deal.
guy #2 gets stopped a few months later and gun is found to be stolen. he tells police he bought it from a guy at xyz gunshop. atf asks if he filled out paperwork he says no.
atf arrests dealer.
when it finally goes to trial it finally comes out that it was a parking lot deal and that the ffl dealer was in no way involved. in the meantime his business is lost, his life ruined.
the gunshop really has no control over parking lot as they can't afford a security guard to police against transactions there.

every gunshop/pawnshop I know will run you off if they see you trying to do a parking lot deal. alot of store have signs about it posted.
a lot of guys only think of the good deal they might get at the moment and never consider the consquences it it was their store.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All firearms that change ownership on the ffl's property which can be made to include the parking lot must be recorded in their bound book and nics check made.

the ffl could be charged with a felony if transactions happen regularly without paperwork.

can you imagine a guy#1 goes in the store, tries to sell a gun, store offers less than he wants so he leaves,
guy#2 follows him to parking lot, makes cash deal.
guy #2 gets stopped a few months later and gun is found to be stolen. he tells police he bought it from a guy at xyz gunshop. atf asks if he filled out paperwork he says no.
atf arrests dealer.
when it finally goes to trial it finally comes out that it was a parking lot deal and that the ffl dealer was in no way involved. in the meantime his business is lost, his life ruined.
the gunshop really has no control over parking lot as they can't afford a security guard to police against transactions there.

every gunshop/pawnshop I know will run you off if they see you trying to do a parking lot deal. alot of store have signs about it posted.
a lot of guys only think of the good deal they might get at the moment and never consider the consquences it it was their store.

That whole situation is hazing at best and has probably never been decided one way or the other in a court of law. And it still doesn't change the fact that the employee straight up lied to the two customers. Again the employee stated that the customers would be the ones committing the felony, when in fact it's the Gunworld FFL holder who would be the one committing the felony.

So let me get this straight he's going to call the cops to report that the Gunworld FFL holder is committing a felony! Way to go smart guy, call the cops to bring a charge on yourself! LOL.

Again the Gunworld owners can ask you to leave the premise and if you refuse you are committing a misdemeanor trespassing charge.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some respect is certainly due to the owner of the establishment, as in not trying to snake deals out from under him etc....and the owner certainly has the right to control what is happening on their property, including the parking lot.

But being an ass about it and running around threatening everyone with felonies is over the top and just typical of the 'rep' that Gun World has developed. Sad. MWC could use a good gunshop/range.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Can you cite the title and section of the United States Code that specifies "on the property?" I was under the impression that the recording requirements applied to a licensee, not to his property.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know where the statute is, but I have heard this before.

It's supposed to be a felony for a non-licensed person to deal or sell within 100 feet of a store that sells firearms. I've seen signs at the Big Tulsa Gun show that say no deals are to be made within 100 feet of the doors.

Again, this is something I've heard more than once, but have no specific law to back it up. If it is in fact true, it's probably buried in the ATF regs somewhere.
How would this apply to the dozens, if not hundreds of person-to-person sales made in the show itself by patrons walking around? It's fine to do it in the lobby or amongst the tables, but it's against the rules if you do it in the parking lot or on the sidewalk outside? lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom