Oklahoma Pool and Patio reviews?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife wants a pool. Our HOA requires in ground though. I came across this company that sells a hybrid in ground pool that they say is HOA approved. It’s much cheaper than the traditional in ground pool. Wanted to see if anyone in here had experience with them?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No experience with that particular company but I’d be asking your HOA before you do anything. I researched them a little before getting ours installed back in 2020 right before Covid hit. Pool prices back then were not anywhere as bad as they are now so the in ground pool was the better deal by far.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't a swimming pool something like a boat, meaning that even after the initial purchase, one still spends lots of money on maintenance and what-not?

Friends we have at church have an in-ground pool and are looking into taking it out.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In ground, gunnite/plaster all the way. Buy one time, cry one time.

Is a pool work? Kind of. Opening in the spring is a bit of work. But a few min a day after that and you have sparkling water all season.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about your area but most of Oklahoma has a really high water table. If you go with the line type in ground pool you need to keep water in it to keep it from heaving. Believeme, it will heave without water in it. I've seen it happen about four times.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a place on I44 that sells in ground fiberglass pools, might be something to look into, I think it might be See Breeze. But that way it would not be a big deal to take out, while you are recovering from melanoma

Oklahomahunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We built ours about 5 years ago and would probably cost 50% more now. It’s salt water and we like it. It’s a little work, but we never drain it and keep it running year round. Much less work doing that than what I’ve seen others do. The only things I might change would be to add floor jets, go with a fairly dark plaster, and maybe a sun ledge.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do a good deal of work with a fellow that does high-end pools. All in ground one piece fiberglass. And I do mean high end. If you aren't willing to invest 50k+ don't bother. Most of his jobs ticket much more, including fountains, waterfalls, gazebos, etc.

He's amiable, honest, does excellent work, and is booked way out.

If you want contact info send me a PM.

pbsawin

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Put my vinyl lined, in ground pool with concrete apron in 1987 for $9K. Spent $33,579.09 on it until Aug, 2022 when I filled it in with dirt. Was happy to have it and happy to see it go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom