Oklahoma's best fried chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I frikking hate fried chicken!
At least I used to.
My sister was the first employee for KFC in Ponca in the 70's. She brought home the excess for months. Mom,Dad, and I finally called it. NO MORE CHICKEN!! We were dirt poor, but enough is enough.

It was 30 years later before I ate any more chicken. For some reason I tried some of the local convience store chicken that they make there. and it was pretty darned good!

Nice and crispy with a lot of moisture.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old lady and I did the Eischen's thing a couple times, but as far as we were concerned the chicken wasn't any better than any other fried chicken joint. Plus they only have that BS gov't-approved 3.2 piss beer, and it is really hard to get service, or even to find a place to sit. All their sides are cool, and you can't complain about the portions, but all in all it isn't worth it IMO, especially considering the drive from West OKC.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eischens is good. Roosters in Hennessy is also real good. Chicken express is good for fast food type chicken. But some of my favorite fast chicken is at the total express at 164th and Rockwell. And it's close to headquarters which prob makes it better.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard of this bobo's but the way i heard it the place was mobile and if you weren't in the know you wouldn't be able to find the place. I also heard that a guy got shot while waiting to be served and the line just moved around him as he lay on the ground bleeding and what not. don't know if any of this is true or not just spreading some rumors that I once heard.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for AQ! Hard to beat "over the coals"...

Oh yea that OTC is pretty darn good although I usually get the sampler. Still, The best I've had was in Chanute (sp?) Kansas. It was at a local owned buffet and the little old lady that carried it out must of been making it her entire life

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eischens is way overrated. 10 years ago it was awesome. Its been on the decline in the last 3-4 years. Living somewhat close we used to eat it all the time. The last 4 times ive been there ive not been happy its just gotten worse and worse. Its still tastes ok its not like its inedible or anything like that but its definately not worth the hassle of standing next to a table for an hour like a stalker and then waiting another 1.5 hours to actually get your food. I think the quality has started dropping since its continued to get more popular. Its fueled by some kind of weird obsession by people in the OKC area. You could tell on Diners, Drive-ins and Dive that Guy wasnt very impressed. Walmart fried chicken tastes better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom