On Obama's Greatest Failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He did a lot of talking, and virtually no action, when it came to gun control. If he truly wanted to do more, he would have. He didn't, either for political reasons, or his own personal reasons...and we don't know which.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there's anything conservatives could find common ground with Obama on, it's gun control. It is ok to have common ground when you can get it, which is hard these days. I imagine Obama's true beliefs about gun control (whatever they are) will come out in his many future ventures in political influence.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's quite ironic to simultaneously claim Obama is a big liar (which many of you have) and at the same time claim he's telling the truth on this one issue. You can't have it both ways. Trump and Obama do have one thing in common...they are both liars.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think he lied. He used many opportunities to talk about "common sense gun control" and issued how many executive orders relating to gun control? His ATF Director tried to ban XM-855 claiming it was armor piercing bullets. We got more requirements (finger prints and passport photos) in order to purchase a suppressor. He did everything he could get away with regarding gun control. Good thing we had him in check with the make-up of the House and Senate, and a strong voice in the NRA.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's quite ironic to simultaneously claim Obama is a big liar (which many of you have) and at the same time claim he's telling the truth on this one issue. You can't have it both ways. Trump and Obama do have one thing in common...they are both liars.
Like I said, he's a liar, but not a good one. The ability to be a good liar starts with the ability to sell one's self on the lie. Obama is highly intelligent despite what many on the right believe, but he lacks imagination. He's very goal oriented and truly believes in those goals, which if brought to fruition he believes will improve the world. The problem lies in his knowledge that the implementation steps won't help.

In his case, only absolute gun control will work, but he knows that isn't within his power. So he knows the measures he can ask for are ineffective, and when he says he doesn't want to take all the guns, he can't sell that either. Like I said, he isn't a good liar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom