OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mondays for me are paperwork and corporate driven 'busy work'. The only time 'they' notice all we do on Mondays is when, for some reason, it doesn't get done. Oh well, just doing my little part to keep the Matrix running I suppose.

As a retiree, my paper work for the day starts on the porcelain throne......that keeps us working......

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning gang.
Keep your eyes and ears alert and your head on a swivel, it's suppose to get nasty tonight. Large hail and possible tornados.
They are saying from 6pm on here in central OK. Be safe

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Morning to all. Another beautiful Saturday morning here, although as mentioned, it could go south later on today. I will prepare a suitable protected nap area just in case. They are saying that tonight, Friday evening, could be rough. Although tomorrow, Saturday again, is supposed to be pretty nice. I'm hoping the next few Saturdays are nice to, I have some tinkering/minor projects to do ...maybe.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful morning in far SW OKC. On my second large mug of coffee and watching a couple of birds scatter more seeds than they are eating out of the feeder. I was told earlier that I need to devise some method of providing some protection from the hail for certain flowers and greenery, so I'll slip out to the shop and see what I can invent! This afternoon we are going to OCCC for a presentation by David Grann, talking about his book. "Killers of the Flower Moon" That should be interesting.

Have a great day everyone, and keep an eye on the sky...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning, Folks. Hoping that the weather isn't as bad as some might allude that it could be. And, I do hope things clear up by Saturday. We want to go to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and take some pictures.

Speaking of pictures...one of our outings on our Alaskan cruise and land tour was a wagon ride and supper. The tour guide (in blue) told us much of the history of that area and the young lady did a fabulous job of driving the horses. They told us that this wagon would be retired at the end of that year (2005) in favor of wagons with auto-type tires and wheels. We were glad we got this wagon for our outing.

Pretty darn good feed put on as well. Also, we were the first to arrive so we got "first dibs."

The other wagons that arrived while we were at the feast.

And, some of the "natural" scenery of the area.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful morning in far SW OKC. On my second large mug of coffee and watching a couple of birds scatter more seeds than they are eating out of the feeder. I was told earlier that I need to devise some method of providing some protection from the hail for certain flowers and greenery, so I'll slip out to the shop and see what I can invent! This afternoon we are going to OCCC for a presentation by David Grann, talking about his book. "Killers of the Flower Moon" That should be interesting.

Just clean out the garage to park the vehicles inside should ensure the hail will miss you.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I loved the book. It's true crime, birth of the FBI and Oklahoma history all in one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom