OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geri @ Cope's Dist.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
2002 - Yellowstone National Park - Part of Mammoth Hot Springs to the left of the picture with the valley beyond to the right.

When we arrived at Mammoth Hot Springs, there was only a very small part on the plateau that had any water, and that had a bunch of people near it. (I'm not crazy about people in my nature photos.) So, we walked over to another area of the plateau and found a series of "steps" where water was running. The water is just nearly impossible to see in some of these photos.

Great Pix! Thanks for sharing.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening guys.

The wife and I spent most of the day planting flowers here around our deck.

I also built a new storage shed down on the marina next to my boat. I needed one a lot taller for my long bass rods. Got it done

I watch Major League Fishing for a few hours today. Watched the episodes that was taped on our lake. Trying to scope out some new spots that the pros were using. lol

The lake has come up about 13 feet from all the rain the other day and north of us. It is still rising slowly but should crest sometime tonight. Fingers crossed, we are expecting more rain tomorrow.

Now I'm in watching TV and chillin with the wife. It's been a pretty relaxing week so far, except for all the sever weather the other day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening guys.

The wife and I spent most of the day planting flowers here around our deck.

I also built a new storage shed down on the marina next to my boat. I needed one a lot taller for my long bass rods. Got it done

I watch Major League Fishing for a few hours today. Watched the episodes that was taped on our lake. Trying to scope out some new spots that the pros were using. lol

The lake has come up about 13 feet from all the rain the other day and north of us. It is still rising slowly but should crest sometime tonight. Fingers crossed, we are expecting more rain tomorrow.

Now I'm in watching TV and chillin with the wife. It's been a pretty relaxing week so far, except for all the sever weather the other day.
Grand Lake up 13'? I thought GRDA had a max of 4'?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had plans of doing my yard work tomorrow, but not now. It started pouring about 10:30 and we got a half inch in thirty minutes. At one point, it was raining so hard I couldn't even see my huge rain guage, which is about eight or ten feet outside my kitchen window.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grand Lake up 13'? I thought GRDA had a max of 4'?
I was referring to the shoreline. Sorry that I said lake lever but it come up a lot from last Monday.
The lake level was 738ft when we got here on Monday and now after the rains on Tuesday and yesterday, the level is at 748.1ft. That is a rise of 10ft in lake level. The water line has now come up 18 foot closer to our place here on grand.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting more rain right now up here. The waterline just keeps creeping up closer. Huge logs and debris is floating down the Elk river towards the main lake. And it's super muddy.
I was really surprised that they didn't cancel the Bass tournament this weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom