OSU holds first campus CCW class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for them. Exposing colleges to the reality of concealed carry.

http://www.ocolly.com/concealed-carry-class-arrives-on-campus-1.2756284#.Tyc-6oGPHKQ
Oklahoma's first on-campus concealed carry class took place Friday at Oklahoma State University, with 42 people completing the course.

Stillwater Armory, a local firearms shop, presented the class, which certifies people to carry a concealed firearm.

Tom Smith, owner of the shop and a resident of Stillwater for 22 years, said he has been licensed to concealed carry for 12 years. Smith said he got started because of his own experience with guns....

"Our instruction really gives people that understanding of what it means to have a concealed carry and how and when to use it properly," he said.

Smith also explained the meaning of having your concealed carry.

"There are the people who want to go protect everyone, but that is not what concealed carry is about," he said. "It's about protecting me and the people closest to me."

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rule is no more than 20 students per instructor on the firing line. An instructor can teach as many as he/she wants as long as there are no more than 20 students, per instructor, on the firing line.

EDIT: the correct ratio is one instructor per 10 students on the firing line, but there is no limit to the number of students in the classroom.

Last edited:

ronin0829

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I taught an SDA class on the campus I work at over a year ago. It was a special class I did for our ROTC staff and any other military personnel that wanted to attend. I only did the safety portion of the class though as they were all exempt from the shooting portion. Also it was done for free as they had all been deployed or were awaiting deployment and had already paid me by serving our country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom