Painkiller abuse more rampant in Oklahoma than any other state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew it was a big problem, but why are we the worst in the nation??

It’s the No. 1 ranking the state would just as soon forget.

Approximately 240,000 Oklahomans — 8 percent of the population age 12 and above — took prescription painkillers for nonmedical reasons over a 12-month period, the federal government reported last year.

Oklahoma’s rate of recreational painkiller use was the highest in the nation, the government said, and the state ranked in the top 10 in other categories of drug abuse.

The embarrassing statistics underscore the conclusion reached by many health professionals, public policy experts and law enforcement officials.

Oklahoma, they say, has become a state of addiction.
http://www.stwnewspress.com/local/x1225455763/Painkiller-abuse-more-rampant-in-Oklahoma-than-any-other-state

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wait........where's my Oxy? Which one of you took it?
All kidding aside,I see it all the time in our TEC (ER),OD's on assorted pain meds.

daugbl5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it is crazy. I will tell you the main problem in our area is that we have a Native American Clinic here and the Quack Doc their will give Oxy
to anyone with a headache. So then they sell it and wham there ya go its easier to get here than aspirin. I only know this because most attics spill the beans to
keep their butts out of more trouble. If our good ole health care would knock their B.S off it could get better. Maybe a couple percent dropping to move us out of the top!!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it is crazy. I will tell you the main problem in our area is that we have a Native American Clinic here and the Quack Doc their will give Oxy
to anyone with a headache. So then they sell it and wham there ya go its easier to get here than aspirin. I only know this because most attics spill the beans to
keep their butts out of more trouble. If our good ole health care would knock their B.S off it could get better. Maybe a couple percent dropping to move us out of the top!!

Are the Native American health clinics protected by tribal sovereignty? Seems like the DEA or somebody would be all over it otherwise.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't you eventually get immune to it? I had them increase the strength on my refill yesterday because the stuff I had been on just wasn't cutting it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom