Pear Tree!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was cleaning up another pasture behind an old feed barn on this recent place we bought and found a 13ft young Pear Tree loaded with little pears! We love pears, some don’t though!

Ya’ll like Pears?
My favorite fruit is a pear. Growing up I would pick them right off the trees and eat them. Grandma use to can pear halves, funny they never made past Thanksgiving much less the next year.
Had a Bradford pear tree in my yard until a couple years ago. It got hit by lightning and fell down into two halves, kinda fitting I guess.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite fruit is a pear. Growing up I would pick them right off the trees and eat them. Grandma use to can pear halves, funny they never made past Thanksgiving much less the next year.
Had a Bradford pear tree in my yard until a couple years ago. It got hit by lightning and fell down into two halves, kinda fitting I guess.

Yep! We love em too! I was surprised to see it. No one planted it, it had to be from cow **** or bird dropped it. Maybe a past owner was walking in the pasture and tossed a core? My gramp pa kept them planted.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in high school, my parent bought their first house. With it, came an emu that lived in the pasture. We also had a very impressive pear tree, probably one of the biggest I’ve seen. Me and the emu were pals, and he loved pears. He would eat pears as fast as I could feed them to him, would swallow them whole. It was funny, cause you could watch them stack up on his neck. He would get to where he couldnt swallow anymore cause his neck was full, and would have to squirm around for a few minutes and swallow the half dozen pears stacked up in his neck. It was pretty entertaining. We both ate a ton of pears at that house. He hated everyone and everything alive, except for me, and I loved that bird. We even would go and pick blackberries together. He would chase off the curious horses that didn’t know the meaning of personal space, and kill snakes. I would give him 1/4 of my blackberry haul. We had a good system going. Then when I left for boot camp my mom and sister gave him away because he was mean and chased the horses. 15 years later I’m still a little bitter about it.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the start of one. Wonder which Pear it is.

IMG_7556.jpegIMG_7555.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom