Perfect rifle trio in today's political climate???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah you do you on that one , I wouldn't trade out an AR for a Mini but I have owned more than a few mini 14 rifles and their accuracy has been less than impressive to me .
Well for the avg shooter, I would think they shoot well enough. Probably not for competition though. If they took AR mags that would be nice.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it’s:
Ruger Mini 14
Ruger Model 77 in 300 WM
Winchester 1890 takedown in 22WRF.

I have an AR because I didn’t want to be the only bozo without one but soon decided it ain’t for me and went with two Mini 14s, one for me and one for the Mrs. I agree the 180 series is less than impressive but fist sized groups at 75 yards is plenty accurate for its purpose and my 520 series isn’t anything to be ashamed of providing more than enough accuracy for 200-300 yard targets.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm honestly trying to think of a scenario for the avg person where the PC carbine wouldn't work...you could use it for yotes, targets, home defense, and even security detail and it cost less to operate. The only reason the 5.56mm is needed is for open combat or potentially deer or hogs if that's all you had. 22lr, 12gauge, 9mm & 308 are looking better and better for the avg Joe as the rounds to focus on. LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom