Phil Robertson suspended from DD for gay comments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They just announced Phil will be replaced by Vinnie the dog. Then Sy will get his time machine running again and prevent Phil from making those comments.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sarah: 1st amendment rights are not protected when contractually representing a business. Celebs know better or hire publicists. Fact of the matter is 1st amendment protects against government oppression. No one was infringed on or violate she needs to look up the supreme courts decisions on 1st amendment rights instead of defending a bigot

The only "bigots" involved in this are the ones saying that Christians should be fired from their jobs for voicing their beliefs. I suppose I'm free to fire a Muslim now because they showed their support of gays being executed in Iran?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only "bigots" involved in this are the ones saying that Christians should be fired from their jobs for voicing their beliefs. I suppose I'm free to fire a Muslim now because they showed their support of gays being executed in Iran?

2 things:

1) Well yea, you could likely terminate employment of anyone (muslim, christian, whatever) if they were on TV or in print calling for the execution of a group of people. So long as you state that the behavior is not in line with the standard of decorum you with to keep for employees of your business. It's what someone SAYS that gives employers right to fire them, not necessarily the religious beliefs themselves.

2) Who really knows for sure, but I'd betcha Phil was NOT an employee of the network. People in a contract for filming rights and acting rights are usually operating as their own firm or as an individual contractor under contract with the network and production company. They usually are not simply employees like most everyone else that goes to work an 8 to 5 job. That changes things A LOT.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 things:

1) Well yea, you could likely terminate employment of anyone (muslim, christian, whatever) if they were on TV or in print calling for the execution of a group of people. So long as you state that the behavior is not in line with the standard of decorum you with to keep for employees of your business. It's what someone SAYS that gives employers right to fire them, not necessarily the religious beliefs themselves.

2) Who really knows for sure, but I'd betcha Phil was NOT an employee of the network. People in a contract for filming rights and acting rights are usually operating as their own firm or as an individual contractor under contract with the network and production company. They usually are not simply employees like most everyone else that goes to work an 8 to 5 job. That changes things A LOT.

Understood. Either way, I think the network overreacted to the implied threats of a militant LGBT group. This is no different than the Chick-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby drama. They're doing more harm than good to their "cause" by alienating people of faith.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An openly gay couple on A&E's "Storage Wars: New York" is NOT offended by the homophobic comments made by fellow A&E'er and "Duck Dynasty" star*Phil Robertson*-- telling TMZ, they just feel bad for him ... because man ass beats vagina any day of the week.

Chris Morelli*and*Tad Eaton*tell us, "We could give a s**t what he thinks ... [man ass] is tighter."

Read more:*http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/18/gay-s...lli-tad-eaton-sex-duck-dynasty/#ixzz2nysc2jCI

Against my better judgement, I feel compelled to point out that women do, in fact, possess an anus as well. I've seen it on the internets.

Lord, I apologize. And be with the starving pigmys down in New Guinea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom