Phone scams are getting crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can download apps like Mr. Number. It keeps track of numbers that are scamming and automatically blocks the calls. You can also comment on the number and see other people's comments.

smax1861

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know what the scams are about. It has turned into an everyday occurrence. I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number of its somebody I know they will leave a message. We even get them at the sheriff's office dispatch same thing out of state numbers,local slammed numbers, recordings of person adjusting their headset etc seems to be no end.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can download apps like Mr. Number. It keeps track of numbers that are scamming and automatically blocks the calls. You can also comment on the number and see other people's comments.

The only problem with this is that they are now spoofing legitimate numbers. So you'd be blocking people in your own locale. That could be problematic in the future, especially if you live in a pretty small place.

It has turned into an everyday occurrence. I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number of its somebody I know they will leave a message.

IKR? It's just crappy... multiple times every day. Essentially, it's gotten to where every time my phone actually rings, I assume it's probably a scam before I pick it up. I don't get hardly any "real" phone calls, mostly everything is handled through text, the way I prefer it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's important they can leave a message and I'll call them back. I tell people to not call me if I'm emailing them about something I want, and that I don't answer the phone with all the scam calls-I'll call you back.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's important they can leave a message and I'll call them back. I tell people to not call me if I'm emailing them about something I want, and that I don't answer the phone with all the scam calls-I'll call you back.

That's mostly what I do now. If I don't recognize the #,they can leave a vm. Something needs to be done...

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use an app called call master first off. I can block entire area codes or exchanges or only allow numbers through that are already in my phone.

I NEVER answer from someone I don't know. I then look it up and see if it's something I want to deal with and most of the time the area code and exchange goes into call master to block it. The call is then sent to the number programed as the voicemail receiver.

I turned off voicemail, basically I send EVERY call to 605-475-6968 they then get to hear the "Rejection Hotline" This is also a great number when you sign up for something you KNOW will be crap but they require a phone number which is likely where most places get your phone number to begin with hence the reason why I use it.

If you want to really screw with people set your voicemail to one of the following numbers:

888-447-5594: Easter egg number for finishing God of War.

605-475-6968: Standard rejection hotline.

866-740-4531: Only responds with "I Am Groot".

206-569-5829: "Loser Line." (If they leave a message, it might get broadcast in a Seattle radio station.

It is simple to do and in all honesty if it's someone you don't know you can decide if you really want to call them back and if it's someone you do know it's not that big of a deal if they don't get you they can always just send a text with the message.

BTW for the people wondering how to do this https://www.google.com/search?q=android+change+voicemail+number

Latest posts

Top Bottom