Phone scams are getting crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talk about "spoofing"...I answered my phone at 3 a.m. one morning...caller ID said it was MY number.

We get spoofed with our own number all the time! Crazy crap! Spoofing IP's/email aliases has been going on for quite awhile. Unfortunately the phone is now a lot of people's "computer" SO HERE THEY ARE! I turn 65 in August and talk about calls... I turn the land line off it's gotten so bad. What no call list... geeezzzz

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm. I use their phones for my burners and to give to my kids and never have had any problems, been a great service. AT&T owns Cricket now.
Since switching over to Cricket, we get more now than ever. My wife gets a lot more of them than I do. We don't regret the switch though, it's hard to beat Cricket's family plan.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood this action. If I have a missed call from an unknown number, they can call me back if they need to. I won't call them just to ask "did you call me?"

Some people don't work that way. I don't call back unknowns either, but some people can't let their phone go unanswered...

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With technology as sophisticated as it is these days, one would think that the government could stop all the crank and scam calls easily-but I guess they leave that up to us. We even get them on the cell phone and we block them via the "i".

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a call today and they never answered after I pick up the phone. I checked the caller ID and called them back. Then I got the " This is no longer a valid number " recording.

Latest posts

Top Bottom