Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had this experience regarding OSA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see any rule about not talking about the ads. There is nothing inappropriate, nothing offensive. No one has made a "mean spirited attack" on anyone by asking about it. I found most to be really funny. There may have been some posts where people acted childish, but we all have done that a time or two on here, up to and including most of the moderators.

I'm sure this post will disappear just like any other post I put up that says anything that upsets the powers that be.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see any rule about not talking about the ads. There is nothing inappropriate, nothing offensive. No one has made a "mean spirited attack" on anyone by asking about it. I found most to be really funny. There may have been some posts where people acted childish, but we all have done that a time or two on here, up to and including most of the moderators.

I'm sure this post will disappear just like any other post I put up that says anything that upsets the powers that be.

Well maybe they only have a certain amount of storage and that is why some posts/threads disappear.....you know, to keep the sight running fast.....

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All jesting aside, I owned and operated a large forum for about 2 years. It wiped me out with all the time and effort. My 2 cents (and I am sure I will be chastised for it) is that:
a) Kelly can do what he wants with his site,
b) I believe he deserves every bit of revenue he can get from ads,
c) People should allow some grace until he can get the ad thing straightened out,
d) Guidance might be lacking a little...ban happy will cause this domain name to circle the drain (as will down time),
e) regardless of the down time or bans people come back (most of the time)
and finally we have had at least 4 "church splits" that I know of, because of the above, that give people options.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I certainly don't disagree with you. I've wondered what the motivation might be for someone to run a site like this, moderate it, etc. If there is any money to be made, it probably doesn't even begin to cover the effort that is required to keep this thing going. For that reason, I have never complained about down time, format of the site, etc. I don't really care about the ads either but I think some of the comments about them are hilarious.

That is why I come here. I find humor in many of the post by JB, Ridgehunter, S4F, and even purplehaze when he's not banned. I enjoy reading the spirited debates about Palin, Obama, pit bulls, and the riveting tales of rolling your KIA, shooting oneself in the hand, etc. I am aware that many of the discussions are ridiculous and a waste of time but so is 95% of the internet. I even find some of the mods to be humorous when they occasionally ban or close threads (just not when they frequently do it). That's why I come here. Most of the stuff said and some of the people here are ridiculous. It's a mini-break from my normal day when people are still ridiculous but it's not so funny.

So if the mods care, I love the site and enjoy the community. I don't really care about the ads or the formatting. It's your site. Do whatever you want with it. I think the fact that this thread is still alive means you've decided to lighten up a bit. That part is what keeps us coming back. Thanks.

All jesting aside, I owned and operated a large forum for about 2 years. It wiped me out with all the time and effort. My 2 cents (and I am sure I will be chastised for it) is that:
a) Kelly can do what he wants with his site,
b) I believe he deserves every bit of revenue he can get from ads,
c) People should allow some grace until he can get the ad thing straightened out,
d) Guidance might be lacking a little...ban happy will cause this domain name to circle the drain (as will down time),
e) regardless of the down time or bans people come back (most of the time)
and finally we have had at least 4 "church splits" that I know of, because of the above, that give people options.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! Now we are at 6 pages with no "THUD!"

So cool. Now, if we could just get some more "sponsors" so we could see a variety of ads. Personally, I think Kelly needs to contact Playboy and get some advertising from them.

Oh, wait......

.....there are ladies here.

Make that ads for CHOCOLATE!!!

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've wondered what the motivation might be for someone to run a site like this, moderate it, etc. If there is any money to be made, it probably doesn't even begin to cover the effort that is required to keep this thing going. For that reason, I have never complained about down time, format of the site, etc.

I made about $1500 monthly off of Google ads but that didn't even pay for the moderators pay. What started out as a hobby for me ended up as a business. It was fun at first but dealing with drama for hours a day only to be topped with server administration throughout the night was too much for me. I was once approached by one of the people behind rivals.com and I should have taken a deal then. I eventually sold for double digits but by no means did I break even with all the time I invested. If my site would have been down like this place has I never would have recovered my forum members. I guess that is either a tribute to "familia" we have here or the fact that Kelly has kept it from being commercialized. I will add that the direction he decides to take OSA will have a huge impact on what this place will look like down the road.

I find humor in many of the post by JB, Ridgehunter, S4F, and even purplehaze when he's not banned.

So if the mods care, I love the site and enjoy the community. I don't really care about the ads or the formatting. It's your site. Do whatever you want with it. I think the fact that this thread is still alive means you've decided to lighten up a bit. That part is what keeps us coming back. Thanks.
+1 except for the JB part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom