Plumbing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, it's a Delta single handle faucet like this one:

https://faucetlist.com/products/del...212v?msclkid=41fa8bfdd90618fad457d05f05ab422c

I honestly think I can handle it -- haha! Aren't I punny. :rollingla

Anyway, I am gonna give it a whirl on Monday. Too much other stuff going on tomorrow and Friday and NO WAY am I gonna risk having to call a plumber out on the weekend. That way if I screw the pooch I have plenty of time to get with a plumber and have him fix my screw up.

Grumpy and I changed the faucet in the kitchen together several years ago. Never again. I'll just do it myself. Of course, knowing him that is EXACTLY the result he was after. He's such a gurl. :rolleyes2

The rebuild kit should come with a special two in one tool. It’s been a while but I don’t think you need to take the backing plate off. It has an Allen wrench on one side and the other is a split spaner wrench. Looks like a tiny sling shot. The shower handle has an inset Allen nut on the bottom side. Once loosened the handle comes right off. Then loosen the metal dome cap. Then you should see where the spaner wrench is used. Lefty loosy. Some times this part you are trying to take off with the spaner is plastic or brass. Either way our Oklahoma hard water likes to sieze things up. Once off the rest should be easy and self explanatory. Replace the old parts with the new and put it all back together. I Never did learn the names to any of the parts but I always just called it reverse engineering

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The above is correct. I remodel for a living. If you’re in OKC and run into a jam send me a PM. Even trying to hire a budget plumber can be crazy expensive. I might start advertising handyman work. I stay pretty busy with rental remodels though. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like that might have a life time warranty. Call Delta and give the the model number and they may send you everything you need. I have had good results from Delta.

Latest posts

Top Bottom