POLYTECH /NORINCO info needed!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I am looking to trade my HK SL7 for a POLYTECH/NORINCO RPK .223

I played with them both (Poly and Norinco) over the years but I have not ever seen this gun other then pic. and t it was not a .223.

Any info would be nice if you guys can give me a heads up on this. Thanks. JB

[Broken External Image]

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would do that trade myself. I shot a post ban version and liked it.
It was a fun gun to shoot and accurate for what it is.
Mags can be hard to find in 223.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I am looking to trade my HK SL7 for a POLYTECH/NORINCO RPK .223

I played with them both (Poly and Norinco) over the years but I have not ever seen this gun other then pic. and t it was not a .223.

Any info would be nice if you guys can give me a heads up on this. Thanks. JB

[Broken External Image]

Is that the one that has been on Gunbroker for 'bout a year?

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know how long its been on, but that is the one.

I've never seen a .223 RPK in person. There was another one on gunbroker that sold for $1200 last month new/unfired 100% numbers matching. I've seen this particular one that you're speaking of listed on GB for a looooong time now...at least a year, so I personally would want him to take some pictures to indicate whether some parts have been interchanged (detracting from value) or if all matches. Makes me wonder since there have been some "bubba mods" like cutting ears off of front site.

On the other hand, these are very rare. Do you want it for collecting or shooting? The magazines for this rifle are polytech specific, norinco mags or mags made for norinco will not work.

Thats all I have for now, but I'll keep digging.

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NHM91 I previously owned, is an awesome rifle; 1.5mm stamped receiver, excellent craftsmanship (an A+ copy), although it was a 7.62x39 version I'm sure the .223 version is great.

Most chinese stuff is fairly good IMO, way above kits being worked over now and better than the converted saiga's of today.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost took the deal then I read that the ears has been cut off of that front sight post. The guy also have a norinco underfolder in .223 as well so I am going to see what all if comes with.

arenathlete, I do got to say that I do like the Chinese AK's the best. I have had a few of the underfolders and the full stocks in 7.62x39 and I do like them a lot.

preokc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes that ones been for sale on GB for awhile. The collector thats selling it is a very nice guy to deal with. The part that would kill the deal with me is that the front sight has been modified ruining some of its collectability. Also whats bad is the poly 5.56 rifles based there mags on the 7.62 mags so there mags are specific to the rifles and the 5.45 mags cant be modified to work in these rifles. Norinco based there 5.56 ak mags on the 5.45 mags so they can be made to work in there 5.56 ak's.

There very rare rifles in the states as they were originially only sold in Canada and a few worked there way into the states. Ild Love to have one as there beautiful rifles! But the hi price and scarcity of the mags makes me favor 7.62 cal ak's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom