Possibly looking for a German Shepherd to adopt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything went quite well yesterday... well, mostly. lol

Aside from some nasty dog farts in the Tahoe on the way home, and a lapful of puke in my son's lap, that is!

And here is... Jayde.

20190805_074258-X3.jpg

First thing was a crate for last night, which she handled quite well, and as soon as we got home, she got a LOOOOONG bath (holy CRAP she stunk! lol) which she didn't like at first, but we are going to be doing PLENTY of baths in this house. We are going to look into training programs for housebreaking - for now, it's frequent FREQUENT trips outside with LOTS of positive reinforcement for proper voiding. It's all new to us, though, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

Then it'll be formal obedience training with a paid instructor. There are several options here, and one of my partners and his wife are big time shepherd lovers, as well as 2 other friends of ours who also have well-trained and obedient shepherds to get advice from. The breeder we got her from is also very proactive and he is adamant he will stay in touch and help us with ANY kind of advice or help we need - he had a pack of... God, I don't know, like 9 adults that were overall extremely well-behaved. Matter of fact, Jayde's sire was the most well-behaved dog I think I have EVER seen.

So... it'll be a long road, but... here we are! :D

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an FYI too much bathing can cause them skin problems and hair problems. Once you get her clean brush her frequently and as long as she doesn't get herself into a mess. She will clean herself and wont require lots of bathes. Also food is very important for a GSD and their skin and hair health and not smelling. She will become a family member. Just like your kids she will need lots of attention and lots of teaching and correction to behave politely. Very good looking dog.

Side note - Is that a Balotelli jersey?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know, lots of research for us to do.

As for the jersey, I couldn't tell you - we prolly picked it up at a discount store, I couldn't even tell you who Balotelli is. We shop at Ross a lot, or we might even have picked that up in Italy last year on vacation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom