Protected bug habitat??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do a lot of driving for my job and I have seen this same sign in numerous places from Calvin to Chandler. I don’t understand what it is. There is always a sign that accompanies the bug sign that says “access road”. Has any of y’all seen this ? I didn’t see these before about 8 months ago.
44422520-9C9B-4672-BF64-910B685B2F11.jpeg

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do a lot of driving for my job and I have seen this same sign in numerous places from Calvin to Chandler. I don’t understand what it is. There is always a sign that accompanies the bug sign that says “access road”. Has any of y’all seen this ? I didn’t see these before about 8 months ago. View attachment 137301

Never seen such, but if their good at burying things I might just have a use for them..:rubhands:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor had to work on a protected jobsite last summer. They had some ridiculous rules about food and trash and any sort of damage to the habitat. Kind of hard to avoid damaging the ground when building a compressor station. He said the EPA made *frequent* surprise inspections there.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The American Burying Beetle is currently listed as Endangered. It creates havoc for construction work in eastern OK; especially linear projects like pipelines. A construction site exceeding 1 acre in size requires a construction storm water permit which is where an endangered species nexus occurs. Presence / absence surveys are required in areas of known occurrence. If discovered in the construction area then protective measures such as baiting away from the construction site is required. I believe discussion to downlist the ABB is currently underway.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At first I thought it was something that loon ey Pelosi came up with. If you'll remember, she was the one behind protecting a lousy minnow and water diversion from irrigation into the ocean. In so doing, fruit orchards died, people lost their jobs and farmers closed their farm production and simply gave up. In California of course.

ParatusForty-Six

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ABB is a huge menace, and has been for years. They stop or delay all kinds of projects in Oklahoma. There are workarounds, but they cost a train load of money and time. The first time I encountered these was at Ft Chaffee. A reserve horizontal construction unit (think roads and runways) had come in from out of state for annual training. Their annual training budget was tied up in that AT. They had even rail headed equipment down. Upon arrival, they were told that all digging was prohibited. They weren't even allowed to dig hasty fighting positions. The best part was when their BC started using profanity as punctuation. It was glorious, and all because of that little bug.

Latest posts

Top Bottom