Protective Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Corrected. The recommended action in such a case should be "get a gun AND a protective order". The protective order is merely for prosecution in the event of a violation. A piece of paper has never defended anyone's life.
+1
Some folks out there that were injured and prolly died thinking a piece of paper would protect them. It only works when people obey the order.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Willy sings......

"Take all the rope in Texas find a tall Oak tree, Round up all of them bad boys Hang em' high in the street..... "

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PO says he is to remain 300 yds away from her, home and work. Does that mean he is free to approach her outside these places? WTF?

The guy will always be within 300 yards of her no matter where she is located. So if he gets anywhere within that 300 yard envelope he is breaking the PO. I second the firearm idea if she knows how to handle and shoot one. When seconds count, the police are usually just minutes away.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PO says he is to remain 300 yds away from her, home and work. Does that mean he is free to approach her outside these places? WTF?

Since no one has commented on this...

I am no legal eagle, but I interpreted this (read the exact language on the OSCN you linked) to mean that he must remain 300 yards away from her, AND/OR her home, AND/OR her work. Meaning even if she is not at home or not working, he cannot be that close or closer to her home and place of employment. Again, this may not be accurate but it's how I read it.

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure she has the courage to not engage him and to report him if he violates any single one of the written guidelines.

All too often you'll hear the girl has been secretly talking to guy they filed a PO against.

I believe that may have happened the first go around last year, but this time I think she has learned a lesson.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that may have happened the first go around last year, but this time I think she has learned a lesson.

Make absolutely sure she doesn't this time... IF she does, the PO can be challenged and set aside.

Also, he is not allowed any contact at all with her + stay away from her work and home. Look at the PO and it should spell it out very clearly, I think they are all the same and just have check boxes for the specifics.

Also... make sure she shows up for the hearing or else it will be dismissed.

Good luck. I'd make sure she has a gun and knows how to use it to defend herself if need be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom