Protective Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter had to get a protective order against a guy she dated a year ago for the 2nd time, first one was last May 2010. The wheels of justice sure seem to turn slowly when little cowards rough up women, especially in a public parking lot like Crawpappy's. Hopefully the case will go to the DA sometime soon and he will get this POS behind bars where cowards belong.

The PO says he is to remain 300 yds away from her, home and work. Does that mean he is free to approach her outside these places? WTF?

What, if anything, do these orders really achieve? Will the (Tulsa) police respond to violations of the PO or is it up to the courts to enforce? Does she have to get hurt again before something is done?

I don't think he is a member here, but if he was I would certainly like to do a FTF with the loser.

Last edited:

HiPower

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PO's don't achieve much, as if there's a violation it's generally too late for the cops to do much about it (assuming there's an injury). If she really wants protection, get her something starting in .4

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have heard that tulsa county court system is slow due to a large amount of cases. i would call the tulsa county DA and just ask him some of those questions. i know the DA in my county is usually pretty busy, but i see him helping people out with their situations and answering questions quite often.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PO's don't achieve much, as if there's a violation it's generally too late for the cops to do much about it (assuming there's an injury). If she really wants protection, get her something starting in .4

Incorrect...He can have no contact with her at all...he can not email, phone, text message,or harass. Also when a protective order is in place he can not purchase any gun, or have in his possession any gun. If he violates the order he can be arrested on the spot. I would advise your daughter to make a police report about the incident and if she has a cell phone to call the police immediately every time he violates the order.. if he shows a continued pattern of behavior he can also be charged with stalking as well as the violation of the protective order....and there does not have to be any injury at all...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Incorrect...He can have no contact with her at all...he can not email, phone, text message,or harass. Also when a protective order is in place he isn't supposed to purchase any gun, or have in his possession any gun. If he violates the order he can be arrested on the spot. I would advise your daughter to make a police report about the incident and if she has a cell phone to call the police immediately every time he violates the order.. if he shows a continued pattern of behavior he can also be charged with stalking as well as the violation of the protective order....and there does not have to be any injury at all...

Corrected. The recommended action in such a case should be "get a gun AND a protective order". The protective order is merely for prosecution in the event of a violation. A piece of paper has never defended anyone's life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom