Question for recent buyers of Hornady L-N-L AP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never clean my primer pockets on pistol rounds, I've read several times it's not necessary.
I've not been made aware of the RCBS lockout die until now, I will look into one of those.

Rayce

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Hornady L-N-L, as for cleaning the primer pockets. I like to deprime, run a brush in the primer pocket and inspect all my brass prior to getting ready to load the brass. I find that if I do not clean the pocket, the residue goes to the next stage where the primer is set, and over time you end up with little dents or even residue on your primers that have been seated. Then I have to wipe them clean and look at the dents in the primer.. That just me though. As for the L-N-L Plates for a 45, My hornady 45 plate was on order for like 3 months, You can use the Hornady #1 plate to load 45 acp it just won't eject properly, so I would just pull it out of the last station. This is a good alternative while you try to aquire the #45 Plate. You will enjoy the press..

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting ready to pull the triger on one of these but I have a few questions for anyone that has recently gotten one.

How many bushings does it come with? I've seen ads/descriptions on different sights that some list 3 bushings and some list 5.

Does the powder die have case mouth expansion or is a sperate part needed for that? I load cast.

How many primer pickup tubes does it come with?

Thanks

Did you buy one yet? If so where did you find one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom