Questions for the DIY Processors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hang from the head and skin down.

Thats the way I do it. I pull the hide down a little after cutting around shoulders,legs etc and put a golf ball under skin above shoulders. I then tie a rope around golf ball under hide and other end to four wheeler. When you pull on rope it will skin the deer very easily as you pull. Its hard to explain but works very well.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats the way I do it. I pull the hide down a little after cutting around shoulders,legs etc and put a golf ball under skin above shoulders. I then tie a rope around golf ball under hide and other end to four wheeler. When you pull on rope it will skin the deer very easily as you pull. Its hard to explain but works very well.

I really wish I could picture this. Seems efficient, but I'm just not seein it....

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I did this last year and it works great! I put a golf ball under the skin just below the head of a field dressed deer. Cinch a chain type dog collar around the golf ball and skin and attach rope to chain end, tether the head to something solid and pull with truck, 4wheeler or anything else really. Peels skin quick and clean.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone else use vacuum seal bags like Food Saver?

I started last year and the work great if you get a good machine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom