*RANT* DHS/Child Support Enforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much if you're a divorced man with kids in Oklahoma the child support division believes you're a POS. The local office called me in three years ago saying I owed $120 in back support. Funny....because my checks had been garnished for the last 7 years. My ex-wife called them and informed them that in no way did I owe any back money. However they wouldn't take her word for it so I had to go up there and talk with them. Now, my support was either $xx per week or $xxx per month. So the child support division figured up how much per year and divided it by the weeks to come out with the weekly support sum. When I went up there the lady informed me that because my weekly amount (that they came up with) was lower than the stated weekly amount (from the court) that I wasn't paying the full amount and they were charging me interest on the unpaid amount.

I wanted to know how they could charge me for not paying the full amount when it was the sum that was decided upon by them. Her answer was "because you're not paying the full amount". I then asked her why they set it up that way if it was going to cost me money, her answer was "thats kinda the price you have to pay for having things done this way". So I said to her that basically in another couple of years I'll be back up here with you people saying I owe money that I don't owe...her answer "yeah, you just gotta go with the flow of things".

Needless to say I was about to blow a really big fuse so finally I told her screw it its not that much so I'll go ahead and pay it...she says that it'll have to be deducted on each check to the sum of about $3 a week. Well this happened once, then it quit. OKC found out about it and put an immediate stop to them charging me that extra money.

I now have custody of my daughter and I'm not making my ex pay anything mainly because I don't want to deal with any of those idiots.

well what's better is I was never married to the mother. He was born while I was in HS - one of those I thought Trojan was to the rescue and it failed me...needless to say I have had no rights, and didn't find out about how to go about them through the courts and an attorney until MyMonkey informed me...

okfireman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had my kids for the last 12 years without a dime of child support. My wife gets 10 or 20 bucks every couple of weeks every other month from her ex and his tax return has never gotten taken. I think they just pick and choose who to screw over.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well what's better is I was never married to the mother. He was born while I was in HS - one of those I thought Trojan was to the rescue and it failed me...needless to say I have had no rights, and didn't find out about how to go about them through the courts and an attorney until MyMonkey informed me...

I really feel for you. The child support division doesn't care about you one bit. To them you basically have no rights. I've had other dealings with them in the past even before they last tried to screw me over.

Even before the last incident they were over charging me by $15 a week. Had to go through alot of crap just to get that stopped. Called OKC and got a verbal beat down from one of the workers there on how it was my duty to pay my support and not be a dead beat dad and all. Couldn't get a word in so finally I hung up and called back and informed the next lady that answered that I wanted to talk to a supervisor immediately. Had to tell her what happened first before I got to talk to the supervisor, but once I did, the lady was not happy at all. She said she would send an immediate e-mail to the Durant office and tell them to stop overcharging and was going to pull the phone records from my previous call and if I had any more problems to giver her a call and proceeded to give me her extension number.

Well two weeks went by and they were still overcharging me, called the lady back and she about blew a gasket. Next paycheck rolled around and the amount coming out was correct. I would have loved to have heard what was said to them.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had my kids for the last 12 years without a dime of child support. My wife gets 10 or 20 bucks every couple of weeks every other month from her ex and his tax return has never gotten taken. I think they just pick and choose who to screw over.

I worked with a guy who was called in over owing $7 in back child support.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the support and kind words from those of you who have posted...

hell at this point I want to go find a way to get enough plain tickets and move my family out of country - this one is headed to hell in a handbasket and I'm tired of getting screwed

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're an employed tax paying productive citizen you're nothing but fresh meat for the blood suckers. The IRS, insurance companies, credit card companies, lawyers, the health care system, politicians, ex spouses, banks, you name it. They're all there with their hands in your pocket come payday. Sometimes it all makes me want to head for the hills Randy Weaver style and just hole up for the time I have left to me. I guess there are a lot of things worse than being a cranky old man with a cabin full of cats and guns in northern Idaho.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reading this reminds me of when I was working at the Sheriff's office on court detail. The Sgt. told me to go get a prisoner from the cell and take him before the Judge.

I got the guy from his cell, took him to see the Judge and told him who I had.
The Judge shuffles through some papers and says "Mr. Smith, we have a complaint that you haven't paid child support in the last six months". Mr. Smith replies "Your Honor, I've been in this Jail for the last six months, I have no way to pay child support". The Judge then says "OK, I'll take that as an admission of guilt and find you guilty."

The guy was not happy as I was taking him back to his cell.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading this reminds me of when I was working at the Sheriff's office on court detail. The Sgt. told me to go get a prisoner from the cell and take him before the Judge.

I got the guy from his cell, took him to see the Judge and told him who I had.
The Judge shuffles through some papers and says "Mr. Smith, we have a complaint that you haven't paid child support in the last six months". Mr. Smith replies "Your Honor, I've been in this Jail for the last six months, I have no way to pay child support". The Judge then says "OK, I'll take that as an admission of guilt and find you guilty."

The guy was not happy as I was taking him back to his cell.

LOL I'd imagine not...that is a perfect example of the flawed system at work, doing it's job as designed and rather amusing

does the mother work at all?

yep she does...and makes pretty good money - especially for the area she lives in

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't read the whole thread but yes, they will take Fed and State, if you owe that much. DHS is so nasty, they receive my wife's CS check and disperse it to her when they feel like it. Sometimes they will give her half of it and make her wait another week. I hate DHS. I feel your pain because I too pay my child support like any father should but they attack me more then they do the dead beat dads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom