*RANT* DHS/Child Support Enforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They put the ex on probation a few years back and ordered her to catch up the back amount owed and keep current, I guess that was code words for don't pay anything and you will be fine. I don't want any money I just want her to sign over her rights since she hasn't seen them in over 5 years.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
does she receive any assistance like TANF or AFDC?? if so, they take your refund to pay for that as well....

should have never let them (DHS) get involved....

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am so glad my ex saw the light of day when I had her in court and she decided to joint custody down the middle with me being responsible for health and medical. He goes to school and lives here m-f and every other weekend through out the school year then during the summer he usually comes over here for weekends. I had the chance to rake her over the coals on child support years ago and being nice about it was the best thing I ever did. No court involvement and no DHS involvement. One way or the other he is always well taken care of and lacks nothing.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's one for you...Paying CS for one child for six years. Received a letter from DHSCSD that stated that I have to start paying for another child with the exact same name and SS number and DOB as the other child that I have been paying for for that past six years. Also stated in the letter is an arrearage of several thousands of dollars owed and the normal you are worthless piece of 54!t, your DL will be suspended and home seized if this is not taken care of ASAP.

This happened just after BO became president. Not that that had anything to do with what happened, but I did use "The Change" moto when I went in to discuss this issue. Redistribution is also what I recall using when I first spoke to the CS office. Never did get an apology from the CS office. It was taken care of, but mistakes like this can end up with the person spending the night jail because the warrant would have been payable by cash only.

CSD has you by the nuts and there is little you can do, even if you are being responsible and doing your part. :scream:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm saving for my retirement, but the fact the state wants to screw me when I am trying to support a family and bust my tail to do what I can is ridiculous.

We get no support for my 3 step kids and the state and judges haven't cared or done anything. I pay my support and they take EXTRA for no reason. I love it

Unforunately, it's your Ex who is probably taking the money and your kid probably sees none of it. She should permanently disappear for doing chit like this. The system doesn't help either.:scream:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The amazing thing is that when the tables are turned they do nothing to the woman, my ex hasn't paid anything in over a year and they don't seem to mind one bit but if it were me I would be sitting in a cell.

I seriously doubt this. My ex-s.i.l. is over 5.5 years behind!

And they just got around to suspending his license. Really? :faint:
And he only has to pay a piddly $174 a month. :faint: :faint:

So my daughter let him off completely, because she financially can, and she doesn't have to listen to anymore whining from the whiny lazy bastage about how it's all her fault and ignore the fact that he's the one that didn't pay his piddly little child support amount, and he's the one that didn't provide ANY of the court mandated health insurance EVER!

Personally I think visitation should be able to be revoked in these cases. You want to see your kid(s)? Support them! If you are actually trying, that's another matter, but if you purposely jump jobs every 4 months specifically to stay ahead of the DHS witholding, holding back visitation should be an option.
/rant

Zombie I hope you get this worked out. Because if there was ever a government agency that's incompetent, it's this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom