Real ID Compliance v.s. SDA ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always mess with people if they ask for an ID and tell them I have two photo id's and one takes an FBI background check to get.

With that said I already have a passport for my wife and myself. Got it in record time as well without paying the extra. We did file for it only a couple months after her naturalization ceremony so I guess they had already looked everything up and had us in the system. Dropped the stuff off at the post office in Guthrie and had it back within two weeks though we were told it would be at least a month and likely more.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always mess with people if they ask for an ID and tell them I have two photo id's and one takes an FBI background check to get.

With that said I already have a passport for my wife and myself. Got it in record time as well without paying the extra. We did file for it only a couple months after her naturalization ceremony so I guess they had already looked everything up and had us in the system. Dropped the stuff off at the post office in Guthrie and had it back within two weeks though we were told it would be at least a month and likely more.

It's funny that a lot of employers that are required to ask for two ID's by federal law don't know that a passport counts for two by itself.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a little more complicated than just "two forms of ID". The I-9 requires one specific type to establish identity and another specific type to establish employment authorization. For this, a US passport does indeed work for both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom