Really?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't blathering. I've walked a mile in their shoes. I too earned the colored ribbons that allow me to speak from personal experience.

My point is, and always was, that their actions are understandable. Not excusable or beyond reproach, just understandable. Punish, educate, then move out. It's not worth the hand-wringing and fainting couches.

I'm not getting into the bigger political angle of this...other than to agree that they hated us long before a couple of Marines pissed on some dead bodies. They hated us before we went into Iraq and Afghanistan, and they hated us before 9-11. Sure, it doesn't help the situation, but it's not the cause of it. I've been close enough to at least one of them to smell his stink and look into his eyes and see the outright hate and evil behind them...and it wasn't driven by a video on youtube. It was deeper and more primal than that pop culture bullsh$t.

I'm sick about this. Sick about the damage it will do, sick about the political hay people will make out of it, and sick about the additional stress those Marines will now have to go through....

Well said.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you SMS and Ridge.

Mugsy, you're right... the Officers and NCO's should have taken care of this but it's not a 100% success rate.

SMS said how I feel pretty well: "Punish, reinforce discipline, and move on instead of getting all faint about it. And for the love of god take their damn cameras away..."

That said... it's not the cause for those who do hate us. They hate us for our ideology, not because of a couple of jarheads made a silly move.

OH... and those civilians who want to badmouth my Marine brothers who put their lives on the line every day for our country... go get yourself one of these first so that you've at least earned the right:

[Broken External Image]

LOL. If you are posting videos of defiling corpses, you are a traitor. I don't need a ribbon to complain about a traitor. I say take their guns and uniforms and discharge them over there. Maybe hold them liable for civil damages from the next terrorist attack?

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. If you are posting videos of defiling corpses, you are a traitor. I don't need a ribbon to complain about a traitor. I say take their guns and uniforms and discharge them over there. Maybe hold them liable for civil damages from the next terrorist attack?

Traitor? If this is how you truly feel, and there are others out there like you, our US of A is in a world of hurt. My goodness.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot fewer of our guys come home in boxes or bandages when we just get blamed for not getting involved. I like that a whole lot better.

Wrong again, we still get drug into the wars and it always ends up costing us more in dead and wounded. Heck we tried to stay out of WW1 but got drug in and it cost us more then Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq rolled together. We tried to stay out of WW2 because we had the same mindset that the Big P has, it cost us 4 times as many dead.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The part of the Big P supporters I love? "Just don't get involved and the world will like us better" Except then we get blamed for not getting involved.

Once again, you don't have it right. They don't have to like us better, they don't have to do anything at all. We are the ones that need to more carefully consider when, where, for how long and for what reasons we go to fight.

Easy words for you to bandy about when you've never been there. Maybe you don't deserve to be fought for. Maybe YOU are the reason we have crap like this and wishy washy, hand wringing politicians. You have no concept of what these men have been through and you have no excuse for your worthless words. Sure, you're allowed to type them, but they're worthless nonetheless. We also have the right to call you out on your drive. If anyone's a traitor, it's you.

See how easy it is? Words are cheap dude. Sacrifice counts more than your words ever will.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once again, you don't have it right. They don't have to like us better, they don't have to do anything at all. We are the ones that need to more carefully consider when, where, for how long and for what reasons we go to fight.

I disagree since I feel it is better to nip the problem in the bud then to let it grow until we have no choice. It cost a lot less in lives on all sides.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wrong again, we still get drug into the wars and it always ends up costing us more in dead and wounded. Heck we tried to stay out of WW1 but got drug in and it cost us more then Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq rolled together. We tried to stay out of WW2 because we had the same mindset that the Big P has, it cost us 4 times as many dead.

True, but those wars also involved a lot more countries in general. Of course more people died when there were more people fighting. So this really wouldn't be a good comparison?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We shouldn’t have gotten involved in WWI, and though we were following an isolationist policy pre-WWII (again, the “big P” is a non-interventionist, not isolationist – but keep trying), our leaders were looking for an excuse to get into the war despite public opinion against it. Japan gave them the excuse, and Hitler – who didn’t want to fight us – declared war by default as he was allied with Japan. So we were drug into WWII, but had the U.S. not intervened in WWI, one could say there likely wouldn’t have been a WWII, at least not in the time period in which it occurred, and certainly not for the reasons that it occurred.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easy words for you to bandy about when you've never been there. Maybe you don't deserve to be fought for. Maybe YOU are the reason we have crap like this and wishy washy, hand wringing politicians. You have no concept of what these men have been through and you have no excuse for your worthless words. Sure, you're allowed to type them, but they're worthless nonetheless. We also have the right to call you out on your drive. If anyone's a traitor, it's you.

See how easy it is? Words are cheap dude. Sacrifice counts more than your words ever will.

Urinating on corpses and posting videos isn't sacrificing anything or fighting for anything. It's an idiot jeopardizing the integrity of this country.

You seriously have to resort to personal attacks over this? PATHETIC.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blaming the soldiers for this is like blaming the fox for slaughtering the chickens, when we put the fox in the hen house. The bigger problem is our leaders putting our country and soldiers in positions like this. These actual offensive acts are simply tangential to the error of engaging in this inexplicable war against some phantom enemy named "Terror."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom