Recommend an outdoor revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, everyone. After reading everyone's posts I've decided to abandon the 9mm idea and the small-enough-to-jog-with idea. I'd like to go with a 357, stainless, 3 or 4 inch barrel. I need something that will handle snake shot well and can stand up the the elements. I like S&W but prefer something without the new locking mechanisms that they're putting on now.

Any final suggestions before I go out and buy something?

A pre-lock 686 if you want the Smith. Again, for the money it's hard to beat a Ruger. Speed/Security Six or the GP100/SP101 for something easier to find.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I just noticed your location. If you'd like, shoot me a pm, we could probably work out a time to hit a range somewhere, and you could try out a couple Rugers of mine before buying.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Just a note, summitgunbroker has some Rugers in stock last I checked. Good prices, but probably a bit worn on the outside. Shouldn't be a big deal if it's a ss pack gun.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fail to understand the snake shot thing. Snakes, if they do need killing, are easily done in with sticks or rocks. If they aren't attacking, and are not poisonous and in close proximity to the house/lawn, they really don't need killing.

Having the first three rounds in a revolver be snake shot can get you seriously killed if you get in a deal where you need to kill a large animal or an assailant. You're limited to three good rounds, and after you spray a determined assailant with birdshot, they may have time to do you harm before you get to the good stuff.

For snakes, if you are a good shot and have to use the gun, you can kill them with bullets. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom