Reloading manual for complete beginner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I picked up the Lee Challenger set today along with a set of dies for .32 spl. Still waiting for the NRA book to arrive. I didn't buy any powder or primers so I won't be tempted to try it out before I read the book. :)

-S

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, it has some pretty brief instructions, but nothing with any detail. The actual operation of the equipment seems easy enough and straightforward, but there's no info at all about bullets and powders.

-S

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not yet. Still waiting for my NRA reloading book to get here. According to the UPS tracking site, it took a week to get from Virginia to Oklahoma. It arrived in Tulsa this morning and UPS apparently put it in the mail to let the post office deliver it for them. That's irritating. It would have been cheaper and faster if the NRA folks had just sent it via US mail to start with and bypassed UPS altogether. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will come tomorrow.

I did get everything in the reloading kit assembled yesterday though. I had a few spent shell casings, so I did resize and deprime them. That's about as far as I feel comfortable going until I've read the book if it ever gets here.

-S

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just very slowly and very cautiously reloaded my first five rounds. Immediately took the rifle outside and popped them off. No problems at all. I'm pretty proud of myself. :D

-S

Latest posts

Top Bottom