Remember When We Played Army?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes, there would be the loner in the platoon that would sneak off to find cover from which to pick off the unwary enemy combatant. In our neighborhood, it was always Carlos. Carlos Hath something or other.

Wow!! Was it the one and only Carlos Hathcock (white feather) (Long Trang)?.........LOL

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Me?? My brothers and sisters and I used to play cowboys and indians"

You need to be in SASS!

Back to playin' Army. Horseapples make good hand grenades. We come home with bois de arc sap all over us. And that is some sticky stuff. Mom had to get real serious with the washrag to get it off.
Many of my friends used BB guns for effect. I reckon I was always too chicken to engage in games where BB's were bein' shot at me. On the other hand, no one lost an eye.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many a day I spent lowcrawling across the backyard in search of Germans. My buddie's German Shepard had a HUGE doghouse that served as camp every now and then too.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck, I remember going trick or treating in our rural neighborhood pretending I was in the army with a actual M1 carbine with a empty clip in it!! Yeah, call me crazy, but I was cool! This was in the 60's by the way.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my largest ass chewing by my g-pa playing army. Buddy and i got completely camoed out even spread on the face paint, we were on a mission to sneak up on the charlies in the wire, we crawled across the driveaway made it down into the alfalfa field,(we were 7ish) when the charlie on the tractor with the haybine behind it spotted us in the tall uncut section of the field that he was cutting. Needless to say i wont ever try to sneak up on my g-pa while he is cutting hay. Never really thought about what would happen if he ran over us with the haybine. I wished i had all the toy guns from those days now, they were as real looking as they get. no orange tips, good times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom