Restaurants to try in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not miss out on Café Kacao, at NW 32 and Classen. They are open for breakfast and lunch, and there is always a wait to get seated. You can avoid moist of that by using the Yelp app, and "get in line" from home before heading that way. When you join the wait list, it will tell you approximately how long it will be before they can seat you. Try the Cuban Omelet, it is the best dang egg/meat dish I ever ate. Also, unreal good French Toast and Pancakes. I've eaten there a bazillion times and have never had a dish I didn't like. It's a cool place, kinda a dive; but awesome chow.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct, just West of there. Uncle Julio’s almost next door is supposed to be really good also.

Tried Uncle Julio's one time; wasn't thrilled with the food and way overpriced IMO. For Mexican, I like Café Perico at NW 63 and Meridian, in OKC, or we take a short drive down to Norman to Tarrahumaras; on Porter, about 3 or 4 blocks south of Robinson. They have a Chimichanga as big as your head.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tried Uncle Julio's one time; wasn't thrilled with the food and way overpriced IMO. For Mexican, I like Café Perico at NW 63 and Meridian, in OKC, or we take a short drive down to Norman to Tarrahumaras; on Porter, about 3 or 4 blocks south of Robinson. They have a Chimichanga as big as your head.

+1 on Tarrahumaras in Norman for good Mexican food. Cheevers has a good chicken fry.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I like both of those. Tarahumara’s has been a favorite of mine for maybe 20 years. I eat lunch there weekly with a small group. Efrain does a fantastic job serving a very high volume of people. The variety on the menu is incredible.
My favorite is the fajitas using jalapeños instead of bell peppers. Ask for some green sauce and you might sub charro beans. But I rotate several dishes there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Chick ‘n’ Beer
Revelucion’ or something like that. Good mexican about 6 the and classen
The BBQ place next to tower theater
The pho place on 23rd a little west of shartel
Sunnyside diner from breakfast
Tons of stuff on 23rd to choose from
I don’t know all the exact names and address. I just get in my truck and it takes me there

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ted's has never been the same since they went corporate

When was that?

I tried it about twenty years ago after hearing for ten years how great it was. I was hugely disappointed. There was nothing about the place that made a good impression on me.

2000 to 2002 when Hal Smith Restaurant group got involved and they started opening up new locations. After that quality dropped off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom