RickN mowing his yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be a fuse blown.
I checked that and it is good. Years ago I bypassed the switch on my fathers old mower and it was two wires you just connected together. This one has 3 and I just connected the two main leaving the ground. Reading up I need to connect all 3 so I will try that tomorrow.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't you wait and let someone knowledgeable look at it before you bypass every safety on it. YOU of all people need the safeties.
I have been mowing for years without the safeties and to tell the truth, the seat safety is there for morons. It is a pain in the butt when you need to get off and open a gate. Better to lower the throttle, stop the blades, and drop the deck then to have to keep restarting the mower.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked that and it is good. Years ago I bypassed the switch on my fathers old mower and it was two wires you just connected together. This one has 3 and I just connected the two main leaving the ground. Reading up I need to connect all 3 so I will try that tomorrow.
Might not be a good idea. All stock should work.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been mowing for years without the safeties and to tell the truth, the seat safety is there for morons. It is a pain in the butt when you need to get off and open a gate. Better to lower the throttle, stop the blades, and drop the deck then to have to keep restarting the mower.
Morons, huh?!?🤣

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say safeties are only for morons. You probably don't need the seat safety, until you fall off with blades engaged. That happens and that is why it is there.

Park/Neutral switch to prevent starting in gear may not be as important out in the open yard, but it prevents someone ramming the wall or running into the water heater that may also be in the garage and knocking it over. On a tractor it may prevent someone from being runover by the tractor and implement (if one is hooked up).

Instead of FUBARing it by doing what you do, let someone capable of troubleshooting and repairing it take a look and repair it correctly.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like to me that the seat safety is designed for your use case. What if you get a kink in the O2, pass out, fall off and the mower does donuts on your a$$ for an hour?

But again, the main point is that you are taking a basically new mower that could have likely been fixed for free under warranty and making it into something that a repair shop will have to spend a few hours on just to get it back to a point they can even start diagnosing it. I don't get it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom