Road rage against motorcyclist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of the other posts, the guy on the bike should get a ticket and the nut in the pickup should at least spend a day or so in jail to contemplate his stupidity
I ride a bike a lot, I never ever pass in a double yellow even though it is tempting sometimes, On numerous occasions after waiting patiently for a good place to pass a slower car/truck I have had them speed up when I start around them, that usually ticks me off and if there is no oncoming traffic I will go around them because I would rather have the #$%% behind me than follow them forever. I don't flip them off or do anything to irritate them cause I know I am not going to win against a 3 or 4 thousand pound car or pickup. Not to long ago in Ark. I passed a pickup that was doing a good 50mph in a 65mph zone, by the time I got around him the speedo was sitting on 95 after I got around him he dropped back to his 50mph and I dropped back to the speed limit. I have never understood that kind of behaviour.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to long ago in Ark. I passed a pickup that was doing a good 50mph in a 65mph zone, by the time I got around him the speedo was sitting on 95 after I got around him he dropped back to his 50mph and I dropped back to the speed limit. I have never understood that kind of behaviour.

It's not directed only against bikers. I had the same sort of thing happen to me while driving a Corvette, following behind a good ol' boy in a 3/4 dually pickup going about 10 mph below the posted limit. When I had the opportunity, after several miles of following him, to pass in a passing zone, I pulled out and accelerated - only to have him stomp on the gas (OK, it was a diesel, with the accompanying billow of black smoke out the tailpipe). Once I'd gotten past him at about 100 mph, he slowed back down. Must have something to do with proving the presence of hair on the chest along with having a big dangly pair.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, from everything I've read in this thread, it sounds like the bikes did nothing illegal. Redneck ********* on the otherhand. . .

They were on video passing in a double yellow, right? Not saying that compares to an attempted vehicular manslaughter, but it wasn't exactly the most prudent thing to do. I respect bikers greatly (used to ride myself some), but obnoxious comes in all forms and bikers are immune.

Drat! I was trying to stay out of this thread but got baited in :(

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This seems SO one-sided to me.

Motorcyclist passes across double yellow (which can be legal in that area). Guy in truck INTENTIONALLY TRIES TO RUN HIM OFF THE ROAD. If the rider wasn't good, this could easily be a video of a Fatality.

Truck continues to chase 1st rider and second rider follows (Which is EXACTLY what I would have done...it's his riding partner that was almost KILLED and the second rider has the video evidence)

The driver of the truck should be in Jail and charged.

If I was the first or second rider and the driver then pulled out a tire-iron I would have LITERALLY damaged his person.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were on video passing in a double yellow, right? Not saying that compares to an attempted vehicular manslaughter, but it wasn't exactly the most prudent thing to do. I respect bikers greatly (used to ride myself some), but obnoxious comes in all forms and bikers are immune.

Drat! I was trying to stay out of this thread but got baited in :(

Have you read the entire thread? It has been clearly stated that that was not illegal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom