Robber's Cave camping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TheMcs

Heading to Robber's Cave this weekend to camp. 1st trip there. We'll be primitive camping. Has anyone been there before? Any tips on the spots? Can't find whether they allow a campfire or not.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped going there along time ago. Same with floating the river. Way to many "thug" type people and drunk people looking for trouble.

Ditto. We stayed in the cabins last year, but the trash crowd camping in the primitive spots down by the lake and trout stream nearly ruined it. Nothing kills the serenity of trout fishing like some idiot putting whole raw eggs in the fire and hooting and hollering every time they blew up. We finally managed to find a decent spot and were again interrupted by some idiots in a monster truck, with music blaring, rooster tailing it through the clearing.

Maybe there are some spots farther away that will thin out the crowd of idiots.

T

TheMcs

That's what kept us from going to Turner Falls. We used to camp at the river each Memorial weekend, but then outgrew that. Hopefully we'll avoid the idiots, most of us going have a very low tolerance level for that crap. We'll see.

Marksman
Reaction score
We just got back about two hours ago. It was my first trip and I will definitely be going back. The few people we saw were older and very polite. Im sure the weekend crowd will be rowdy. Better get down there early when we left people were starting to show up and get some of the camping spots. As to camp fires there was a fire ring at all of the cabins we saw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom