Selling dads truck and need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having durable POA is what you are going to need very soon. You should be able to contact an attorney and get it done. You need POA for both parents. If there isn't a will (legal and binding) get that done promptly. Wills will stipulate who is their personal representative. You want to avoid an estate going into probate; messy and expensive. A good attorney can help set up reciprocal revocable trusts so that parents interests can be preserved and the tax man gets little.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Having durable POA is what you are going to need very soon. You should be able to contact an attorney and get it done. You need POA for both parents. If there isn't a will (legal and binding) get that done promptly. Wills will stipulate who is their personal representative. You want to avoid an estate going into probate; messy and expensive. A good attorney can help set up reciprocal revocable trusts so that parents interests can be preserved and the tax man gets little.
I'm not asking about a will.
Thats done and we met on that issue 2 years ago. They never said who is executor and I asked recently and mom said she cant remember. So...I cant trust her.
I think my older brother is.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know if he would understand why he's signing. Hes going down pretty fast in his mind and overall. He told mom Friday night on the phone that he had a good night and that he "spent the night with Clay in Tuttle".
Obviously he didnt and I havent lived in Tuttle for 3 years now.
Man I’m sorry to hear this about your folks. I feel so bad for people that have to be in nursing homes. I also feel sorry for their kids and such as well. I know it ain’t easy on you. I think my dad is getting either Alzheimer’s or dementia. Hopefully he ain’t but something is wrong. The thought of ever having to put one of my parents in a home makes me sick to my stomach. I’ve visited family numerous times while they were in a nursing home and it was horrible. What a horrible way to live. I pray that everything works out for you and your folks.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I pray that everything works out for you and your folks.
Thank you, I dont think its going to end well. Bone cancer head to toe usually doesnt take long (3-4 week) to kill a man, not to mention liver cancer at some stage that we dont know. And this F-ing virus is keeping me from even seeing a Dr. to talk to about him.
And its been 2 weeks since they diagnosed it.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call a Hospice company today. I wouldn’t do anything besides getting your parents situation both taken care of, ask his Dr.’s office if he is “Hospice Appropriate” and do they currently have a preferred Hospice.

Call any of them, they can gain access via doctors orders to obtain your required documents before it’s too late.

Latest posts

Top Bottom