Semiauto carbine (pistol cartridge) choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know, quite a leap from lever actions to here, but my mind does that daily ;). Anyway, just wanting some opinions from people here that may have experience with these type of weapons (I have never fired any of them, only held one or two); pros and cons of different calibers/brands. I see a lot of HiPoints on a quick scan of Armslist, with a few KelTecs and AR types thrown in as well. I currently reload for the "big 3" that most of these will probably be chambered in most often: 9, 40, & 45...so let the info fly!

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you're lucky, you might be able to find a 357 magnum upper for an AR. I've seen exactly 1 and it wasn't for sale :( used desert eagle mags

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume that you are talking about 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. Taurus has a new carbine out that I like, The CX4 is nice. And the M1 .30 cal carbine is a pistol caliber carbine too.

kahrk-9

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being vested in Glocks I loved and miss my Mech Tech CCU. They are more expensive now then when I had mine but there are more options. I liked the idea of being able to make my EDC pistol into a carbine in short order and share mags, ammo and even maintain the same grip. They also make it for 1911's and Glockparts.com had them on sale sometimes. I will probably end up with another one someday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom