Shots Fired At Tulsa County Courthouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weird... I mean, not that story, but the idea that to get even you're going to walk around with a 6-shooter in a public area, barefoot.

Just seems to me that the guy went off the deep-end because none of it seems to make any sense.

My completely uninformed opinion, either suicide by cop or drugs, most likely both. Seems like a real nice family they got there. :(

HKP7M13

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am grateful the deputy that took the bad guy down was such a good shot. Looks like a well aimed one at that! I am sure taking time to aim carefully while the bg is shooing at you is not easy.
shooting.jpg

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the brightest move firing your five-shot snubbie in the air in the plaza of the Tulsa County Courthouse. TPD is headquartered in the plaza as well. So, this guy was obviously not working with a full deck. Or didn't care. But something tells me, and I know this is a wild and crazy shot in the dark, that mind-alertering drugs were somehow involved. Just a guess.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_shooting9g.jpg

That photo looks like a case of extreme planking.

Bevenue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kudos to the officers involved. Hope that the injured recover fully and quickly.

I wonder why no long guns were used. At least I did not see any in the photos. A courthouse seems like a place where you would "expect trouble."

I don't have the facts but it seems to me that our officers guarding courthouses should have ready access to shotguns and rifles. What if next time it's someone with an AK shooting at the entrance instead someone with a revolver shooting into the air?

Something tells me the politicians don't want them to be properly armed because it looks "scary."

I was up there in January. Im guessing more than half of the TCSO I saw only had cuffs and a flashlight. The 3 working the Xray and metal detector were not armed.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope they don't use this as a reason for us law abiding and responsible citizens to not carry firearms..

Oh, they absolutely will, especially with the open carry legislation in the news. Last night channel 6 had a segment on the shooter, and emmediately followed it with the latest on the open carry, no coincidence.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you to the men who closed to engage and stop this disturbed individual. I'm not Law Enforcement or Military and I'm grateful for the the service of the fine men and women who make the choice to potentially be in this position every day. My wife and daughter both love the library and easily could have been in the vicinity when this occurred. Thank you to the deputy who'll sustain the loss of limb to protect others he doesn't even know. HERO in the truest sense.

Well said sir! Always nice to get a pat on the back! They did a great job.....

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The news mention the deputy and at least 1 other person were in the hospital still, but no word on condition. I got a txt from a buddy from HS who said he was in the crowd that the shots were fired into, but he was unharmed. That guy has the worst(but I guess best is mentionable too) luck. Hope everyone else pulls through alright.

Latest posts

Top Bottom