Should We Wear the Mask?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you know they are not using hydrochloroquine?

I asked my question based on what you stated in your second paragraph, which made NO mention of any medicine treatments, thus, the reason for the question.

Now, since I explained that and all you gave me before was kind of a smart-aleck answer, will you now answer the question?

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked my question based on what you stated in your second paragraph, which made NO mention of any medicine treatments, thus, the reason for the question.

Now, since I explained that and all you gave me before was kind of a smart-aleck answer, will you now answer the question?[/QUOTE

I didn’t think it was necessary to go into specific meds because I was referencing icu admission criteria (vents don’t go on the general floors). However regarding meds: I work in a couple of large urban hospitals & have seen everything commonly prescribed-Hydrochloroquine, Remdesivir, Pepcid, budesonide, decadron, convalescent plasma- you name it. Now, not every patient gets every single possible treatment, because some may not be indicated for the patient based on the clinical presentation & patient history-per the docs determination. Also, as the docs learn more about the virus, some treatment regimens may change over time as they are more successful. But in my experience, patients do receive appropriate meds based on their condition as determined by their docs.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd bet some doctors are prescribing it or other things that are proving effective. I imagine it's kind of a sensitive topic with doctors preferring to lay low on what they use.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Now, since I explained that and all you gave me before was kind of a smart-aleck answer, will you now answer the question?

He made a general statement that many of the people he sees are on the Vent. YOU made an assumption, not sure why? Unless he's reading everyone's chart it's extremely difficult to know what everyone is on. Plus, those that are on the vent, aren't usually prescribed HCQ.

Also, it was reported that Trump was not given HCQ after his diagnosis.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...as-been-given-for-his-covid-19-treatment.html

Not sure why you people are beating up on a guy that's on the front lines?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He made a general statement that many of the people he sees are on the Vent. YOU made an assumption, not sure why? Unless he's reading everyone's chart it's extremely difficult to know what everyone is on. Plus, those that are on the vent, aren't usually prescribed HCQ.

Also, it was reported that Trump was not given HCQ after his diagnosis.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...as-been-given-for-his-covid-19-treatment.html

Not sure why you people are beating up on a guy that's on the front lines?

I wasn't. I asked a simple question, but as usual, you seem to like to take me to task.

My guess is that he may know some of what medications are being used, although he shouldn't necessarily state who was getting what from what doctors. I didn't ask about specifics.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't. I asked a simple question, but as usual, you seem to like to take me to task.

My guess is that he may know some of what medications are being used, although he shouldn't necessarily state who was getting what from what doctors. I didn't ask about specifics.

I'm not taking you to task any more than you are taking him to task. You made an assumption in that question and it WAS pretty specific with regards to HCQ treatment. I guess I just understood what he was saying? He did give a pretty comprehensive list with regards to pharmacologic treatments.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not taking you to task any more than you are taking him to task. You made an assumption in that question and it WAS pretty specific with regards to HCQ treatment. I guess I just understood what he was saying? He did give a pretty comprehensive list with regards to pharmacologic treatments.

First of all, his original post to which I directed my question:

[URL="https://www.okshooters.com/posts/3450598/"]Should We Wear the Mask?[/URL]

I guess that his reference to this "Vapotherm/BiPAp" is what you may be referring to as his "pretty comprehensive list with regards to pharmacologic treatments." Neither of those things rang a bell to me, and I did fail to look them up to see what they were. But, even with that said, is that a "comprehensive list?"

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hot off the presses of the Tulsa World:
upload_2020-11-2_3-39-38.png
upload_2020-11-2_3-39-38.png

TOP STORY
State epidemiologist's analysis demonstrates success of local mask ordinances
  • Corey Jones
  • Updated 8 hrs ago

COVID-19 cases in the parts of the state without mask mandates grew by 88%, while the population covered by mask ordinances rose by only 21% in the same nearly three-month period, according to the Oct. 30 version of the state's weekly epidemiology report.

Dr. Jennifer Clark, a physician and former hospital administrator, drew attention to that report Wednesday during her weekly COVID-19 data presentation for the OSU Center for Health Sciences’ Project ECHO.

“Not sure you can be more blatant about the fact of how powerful masks are,” Clark said....

Interim state epidemiologist Dr. Jared Taylor’s analysis of the impact of mask mandates encompassed Aug. 1 to Oct. 21 and used the seven-day average of cases by date of onset, with a seven-day lag.

Taylor wrote in response to a question that the Oklahoma State Department of Health has done other assessments, too, that have shown that virus transmission is decreased in communities with mask mandates.

He said that while the “ideal outcome” would be for mask mandates to drive cases to zero, myriad factors influence transmission.

“Overall — we know that masks are the most effective way to prevent transmission and continue to encourage Oklahomans to wear a mask when in public,” Taylor wrote.

Last edited:

Billy Coleman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not going to wear a mask just because the liars in the scientific community want power. They have been lying to us all from the beginning about all of it. Would we use chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes? Maybe some 4' goat fence if you live in the country. Between the liars in "elected" office and the liars in the labs and hospitals we are never going to be done with any of this. They have siezed power by medical tyranny and will not peacefully relinquish it. America is a defeated nation.

Attachments

• facebook_1599652556697_6709429117170728196.jpg
    facebook_1599652556697_6709429117170728196.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 60

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not going to wear a mask just because the liars in the scientific community want power. They have been lying to us all from the beginning about all of it. Would we use chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes? Maybe some 4' goat fence if you live in the country. Between the liars in "elected" office and the liars in the labs and hospitals we are never going to be done with any of this. They have siezed power by medical tyranny and will not peacefully relinquish it. America is a defeated nation.
Seems a little bit "over the top" to me. "Medical tyranny" ? "America is a defeated nation" ? Wow, all because someone is asking you to wear a mask because the data shows it is possibly...just possibly.... going to help keep people from getting sick and maybe dying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom