six flags or their water park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anyone been lately. Going down the weekend of the 23rd, thought about doing the water park and forgo the amusement park, as last time I was there I rode 4 rides because I was inline the rest of the time. Advice please.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its been along time since I went to Six Flags. I know it is hot this time of year, and I remember the long, long, long lines. I think if I had it to do again, I would hit the water park.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to Branson. Only about an extra two hour drive, the parks are cleaner, food inside cheaper, etc. Went last weekend, never stood in a line longer than ten minutes. The water park is nice too. Entry is the same price as six flags, but again, everything inside is about half the price, not near as hot either. Most of park (Silver Dollar City) is shaded as well.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The back of Tony's pizzas have a coupon right now for $15 off regular admission. Good for two tickets but if you have more people, just get a couple and split up. Worth checking into if it fits your bill.

CodyC99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will never go back to six flags unless it is while school is in session and it is a weekday. We went there a couple months ago on a Saturday. We only got to ride 5 rides due to the long lines. It was terrible. My family and I definitely prefer Silver Dollar City over Six Flags.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to Branson. Only about an extra two hour drive, the parks are cleaner, food inside cheaper, etc. Went last weekend, never stood in a line longer than ten minutes. The water park is nice too. Entry is the same price as six flags, but again, everything inside is about half the price, not near as hot either. Most of park (Silver Dollar City) is shaded as well.

+1 on Branson SDC....went last fall and had a blast.They have a free cave inside the park,kids would love. Even in the evening after park closes they have a free show in their ampitheatre.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Hurricane Harbor about 4 years ago, and had an absolute blast. The wave pool is pretty good, and the rides aren't too terribly long lined, our group managed to ride everything that didn't cost money.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Silver dollar city was definitely my favorite theme park. If you are going to go to six flags, do like some have already mentioned: wait until school starts and go on a weekday. Standing in line for an hour and 30 minutes to ride a 30 second ride is down right ridiculous. I did that one time - never again..

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
isnt there some kind of thing where you get to go to the front of the line? or you can reserve a spot/time. fastpass or something like that i think. seems like it was like the buttons at restaurants when you wait in line; it will buzz when its your turn. you can go off and do other stuff instead of standing in line.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
isnt there some kind of thing where you get to go to the front of the line? or you can reserve a spot/time. fastpass or something like that i think. seems like it was like the buttons at restaurants when you wait in line; it will buzz when its your turn. you can go off and do other stuff instead of standing in line.

We just got back on Monday from Both six flags and hurricane harbor. We bought a flash pass, its a little bigger than a key fob and allowed us to ride everything without waiting in line. There was four of us and we bought the platinum version, it worked out to roughly $90 per person. It was worth every penny, we reserved on the walk to the next ride and never waited more than 2 minutes. They even allow you to ride twice in a row.

Latest posts

Top Bottom