six flags or their water park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.sixflags.com/overTexas/tickets/flashpass.aspx

It's not as good as it used to be, cant be used on the new texas giant, before using it, you have to go through a 10-15 minute video, depending on the # in your group, it can be quite pricey. You get a wristband, only those with a wristband can use it. IE, we used to get a 2 person, and my wife and I would take turns riding with our daughter, so only two at a time used it. Under the new rules, I have to pay for 3. The regular flash pass reduces ride time by about 1/3 to half, gold reduces 1/2 to 2/3, platinum reduces wait by 90%, and you ride twice. But, platinum for 2 is like 155 bucks. So you figure a family of 3, on the platinum plus tickets is like 400+ dollars. Food is expensive to, 15 for a drink, and chicken tender meal. Refillable cup is ten at SDC, and Tender dinner is like 8, much cleaner park as well. Germx stations, park hosed down every night, I just dont get the icky feeling on my hands at SDC that I do at six flags.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Silver dollar city was definitely my favorite theme park. If you are going to go to six flags, do like some have already mentioned: wait until school starts and go on a weekday. Standing in line for an hour and 30 minutes to ride a 30 second ride is down right ridiculous. I did that one time - never again..

I don't know if it is still going on, but Bass Pro had a thing going to get discount tickets to Silver Dollar City at one time.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tickets are only $36 dollars online for six flags or $32 at any TFCU, the refillable cup was $13 and the platinum does allow you one reservation on the new Texas Giant. We only paid $389 + tax for 4 people last weekend. I've never been to SDC so I cant compare the two.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent 166 for two days admission for 4 (3 since my son was free) at SDC, and never waited more longer than it took a ride to go through twice, most were only once. The texas giant reservation you have to schedule at the time you purchase the flash pass and have to be there 15 minutes early, or its lost, where all others you just show up after your reservation time. SDC is just cleaner, people are friendlier, more to see, just plain nicer, the park grounds have amazing landscaping/foliage. I do have a season pass to six flags, because I am down there a few times a year, and will go when there, but I wouldnt make a special trip for it. One thing about SDC is the food, kettle chips, some kind of skillet stuff with corn, taters, meat etc, plusmore to see, glass blowing, dude carving totems etc with a chainsaw, homemade candy and taffy, just more family friendly in general, my 7 year old daughter can ride all but 3 rides, and is 1/4 inch away from riding all but 1, so I can enjoy everything with her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom