Smoothie Thread ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok ... insurance and smoothies don't mix so Aviator, he's the answer to your question ... I find two distinct textures are possible to attain ... a icy, snowcone-like texture and a creamy, ice cream texture ...

Some flavors "mesh" better with one texture than the other. "Crisp" flavors like citrus seem to taste better in icy concoctions than in creamy ones ...

Almond milk and avocados will produce a creamy texture, but not affect the taste, believe it or not.

Ice cubes (water or juice) or really cold sparkling water will produce that icy texture.

It's amazing but most greens that I've used in smoothies really don't have a taste. Spinach is the exception. If I use a lot, like really cram the blender full, I can taste the green, but I don't find it unpalatable.

I don't care for cantaloupe in my smoothies either but just about every thing else I've tried so far is okay. Since my gall bladder surgery I've had problems with my stomach. About the only thing that helps with the nausea and vomiting, and the pain too, is smoothies. Spinach or kale, with any kind of frozen fruit except cherries, and almond milk is my "go to" recipe. I just toss in the bee pollen and Chia seed because it's easy and it gets two things out of the way ...

I have a mocha-tasting protein powder that is pretty good with some extra chocolate syrup and frozen cherries if I'm want something that tastes more like ice cream.

Oh ... and cranberry juice ice cubes, cucumbers, celery and kale is pretty good, too. No bee pollen in this one. The overall flavor is too mild to cover up the bitterness of the pollen ...

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanna smooth up a smoothie?

Toss in a tablespoon or two of peanut butter. Add in crushed ice and some milk and you've instantly got a mixture/texture you can't tell from ice cream. Flavor it up with what ever floats your boat. I'm partial to ice, milk, peanut butter and a healthy dose of chocolate syrup. When I'm craving something sweet but don't wanna do a lot of sugar then its frozen fruit, skim milk and a bananna or avacodo to smooth it up.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a huge smoothie drinker, but there's a place up in Chicago - Joy Yee Noodle. (check'em out on YouTube) They make smoothies out of all fresh fruit, and have folks lined up to buy them. I'd kill to know what exactly they put in their fresh mango smoothies besides mango and ice.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my morning smoothie until I am no longer a fattie includes chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, coconut Crisco thing, blueberries, strawberries, avocado, almond butter, almond milk and water.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love me some Jamba Juice but make my own protein smoothies. My go to smoothie is half a cup of ice, 2 cups milk, 2 tbls peanut butter, 1 tbls oats, 1 whole banana, 2 scoops chocolate whey protein. Usually make a meal of this and it fills me up for hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom