Social justice can be a good thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to walmart. I was going to the sporting goods section, so I parked on the side of the building. Some asshat parks his little Mercedes across the line, taking up 2 spots at the end of the row. I would either have to park on the other side of the store OR play judge and jury. Guess which I chose...

I parked so close he would never get that door open enough to get inside.

As I walked away, two redneck looking dude in wife beaters walked past me. I thought no way are they in that car. Sure as crap, I here one of the yell "what the, OH HELL NO!" My son and I just started laughing and continued on our way.

The moral of the story is that you are not special. Your car is not special. If you want to drive a nice car and keep it door ding free, don't park next to other cars, park at the back of the lot and walk. I have several high-end muscle cars that are worth more than that Mercedes will ever be and when I stop by walmart in them (and I do), I park at the back of the lot and walk. Don't be a dick and take up 2 spaces.

I just don't like pricks that take up 2 spaces.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gotten more dings and hit-n-runs parking away from the store than I have up close.

I just *love* getting notes that say "sorry for the damages" in a sloppy misspelled fashion...

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have an old Ford pickup that had been kicked in the left side, just behind the cab, by King Kong. You can guess what I would do when somebody parked his precious in two spots. I have gone out the window more than once to send a message to those whose cars were "special" and deserving of two places.

Now I park in the "corvette lot."

Once I got my CCW, I quit doing that. No use starting something that could turn into a need to defend myself. "I am an old man and was in fear for my life" might or might not work, but it's 'way too much trouble. Now I just leave the occasional note.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gotten more dings and hit-n-runs parking away from the store than I have up close.

I just *love* getting notes that say "sorry for the damages" in a sloppy misspelled fashion...

People leave you notes?? Hell, I get nuffin ... :cry3: Society in general's complete disregard and lack of respect for property values of anyone else's stuff in general is why we drive clunkers. It's not worth the dangerous spike in stress levels and blood pressure I would have every time I saw a ding or dent in my brand-spanking new car ... Good Lord, I really dislike people ... :rolleyes2:grumble::fullauto:

Latest posts

Top Bottom