Watch Your Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great advice. A lot of vets with PTSD think they will have to surrender their firearms by admitting they have that issue because of past statements by politicians.
If some states have red flag laws that could certainly happen if the laws were written with a broad brush in order to sweep in guns without justification.
If you're in Oklahoma or some of the red states, your pretty safe to visit the VA and talk about what your issues are to a professional.

Always carry and keep your head out of your phone while in public.
It's not that don't trust a specific person I don't trust anyone.
Couldn't have said it better.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had multiple "encounters" in the last month alone.
Worst was at WalMart last week.
My wife came zipping around the aisle saying "help me".
She scooted behind me and the cart and button hooked between me and the groceries.
Short, young black guy was literally right behind her and moving at her pace.

Guess he didn't realize she was with me as she buttonhooked cause he did the same thing.
I got between him and her and asked "you following someone here partner?"
He got a slightly shocked look on his face and took off.

Happened really, really fast. Didn't even register with me to consider a draw.

Next day, looking in the paper, seems like the same guy had just been arrested for following someone from the same Walmart and attempting to grab her from in front of her kids daycare.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never (well, almost never) close my door while I'm pumping gas. For one thing, I'm writing down the mileage, and for another, I usually have a pistol handy inside the vehicle. So maybe you're not all that paranoid...
I always carry. Too many incidents in my life not too. I always have a gun on me OWB/IWB/Shoulder though never leave a firearm in my car because the car might get stolen.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always carry. Too many incidents in my life not too. I always have a gun on me OWB/IWB/Shoulder though never leave a firearm in my car because the car might get stolen.

My father used to carry a gun in the car whenever he and mom would go to OKC or Tulsa. I told him, "that's great dad, if you ever get attacked in your car. It's absolutely worthless if you're outside, away from the car."

I finally got him a Ruger LCR in .38 special with a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Whether or not he carried it on his person, I don't know.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many times have you all seen the person sitting in the car in the Walmart parking lot usually with the engine running and is still there when you leave? I have seen it multiple times in multiple p lots.

I have a stop n rob I frequent daily. It is usually surrounded by vagrants who always tell me to have a nice day as I walk by with my hand behind me. When I walk out, I'm not counting money or stuffing money into my wallet and I always take another route to my truck.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father used to carry a gun in the car whenever he and mom would go to OKC or Tulsa. I told him, "that's great dad, if you ever get attacked in your car. It's absolutely worthless if you're outside, away from the car."

I finally got him a Ruger LCR in .38 special with a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Whether or not he carried it on his person, I don't know.
My wife worked for the Washington State Patrol for 25 years in communications. She wore the same uniform as the Sworn Troopers. She/they were not allowed to carry a gun. When she and her Communication Officers say, went home they never went shopping for fear of being shot while in uniform. The WSP had no rules against having a gun in the car. She had her gun in the car but no worries about theft as the cars were behind a Security gate and LEO all around. P.S. The WSP Communications people now wear toned downed uniforms and look less like a LEO.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in a town where a lot of railroad tracks intersect. Many vagrants/transients/bums like to ride the rails so they end up here and there are always a few walking around town. My buddies and I always called them “track stars” for obvious reasons . I’d say that about 95% of them have a severe mental disorder of some kind. I never had any issue with any of them accosting me but I have heard stories about it from other people. I don’t worry too much because I’m always carrying, even around my house. Carrying every day is just second nature to me now. But I do feel like we need to do a better job of addressing mental health in this country and stop spitting these people back out on to the streets for the public to deal with. This should be top priority, especially after all these mass shootings.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many times have you all seen the person sitting in the car in the Walmart parking lot usually with the engine running and is still there when you leave? I have seen it multiple times in multiple p lots.
that's me waiting on my wife, I hate going into walmart and she is a slow shopper

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on my way to the checkout in Walmart one day and this guy with a heavy accent (Pakistan, Iran, Arab?) was telling me he was short of money, needed diapers for his kids. He went on and on saying god bless me with each excuse. I told him that I was not going to be buying anything for him and he finally left me alone.
Had a guy try that to me when I was in high school. I was hanging out at the 12th st shopping center at 12th st and Janeway when this guy approached me and said he needed to sell a watch for 10 bucks to get his kid some formula (this was in 94, formula was much cheaper then). He swore the watch wasn't stolen, yadda yadda. Told him I wouldn't buy the watch, but I will go to the corner mart and buy him some formula. Guy quickly refused and when I started to badger him he told me to f-off. Since then I have never given money to someone begging. I have offered to pay for gas, diapers, formula, etc and all but once I was turned down. Bought a 20 something woman with a small child a full tank of gas. Not sure what was going on in her life, but she needed to get to her parents in Kansas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom